Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default At&t lags on OS updates, Which is the most stable Leaked OS?

At&t lags on upgrading their OS, it's been a long time since i've had an update for my Bold 9900.
    Which OS is the most stable for At&T, Should I download the one for verizon? At least it's 7.1
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,556 Global Posts

I have a 9810 so can't be sure on 9900 but---everyone seems to be happy with the .391build from Rogers and it seems to have little or zero problems. I looked for you to try and find the mobilicity download as I know their one for the 9810 is flawless, but couldn't find it in a search. Will keep looking and let you know what I find out, if anything.
    CrackBerry Master

I'm really liking shrunken .523 on AT&T so far, everything works as expected...
    4G is as spotty as ever, Wi-Fi is really locking onto my 5 GHz / 40 MHz connection...
    黑莓手机第一
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

.523 has issues with the mic, for me anyway. Not every time, but every couple of calls my mic goes out.
    CrackBerry Genius

Yes AT&T is lagging on OS updates on all the OS7 phones.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    985 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vunasium View Post
    .523 has issues with the mic, for me anyway. Not every time, but every couple of calls my mic goes out.
    .523 was promising, but the mic thing, which is no small problem (no one can hear you -- these are supposed to work as phones, right?) so I am retreating back to .391 (unless there's some better advice).
    Lumia 1520, Passport -- Surface Pro 3
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN
    Director of The Anti-Special Needs Posting Unit,,!!!

.342 has been great so far with one small issue where the browser closes and re-opens on occasion.

Any ATT people care to comment on .391?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

Lags!? Still running 7.0.0.576 is not lagging. It's doing f'kn nothing. Whatta joke.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    13,274 Global Posts

I use the .391 version from Rogers and have been very satisfied with it.
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you."
    CrackBerry Newbie

I used OS .342 with my 9900 and had no problems with it. My battery would usually get me through the day and the call quality was good although at home I would experience an occasional drop call. I recently upgrades to OS .428. It is too early to talk about the battery life but the 4G signal strength seems to be 5 bars every time I check it. I want to upgrade to .523 but the mic issue has kept me from doing so although I understand it has been problem with some on build .428.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN
    Director of The Anti-Special Needs Posting Unit,,!!!

After trying them all so far .342 is the one that works best for me. DC/VA/MD
    CrackBerry Genius

Running Rogers OS .391 for about two weeks with no problems.
    CrackBerry Addict

Rogers 391 gives me nothing but annoying freezes. Also I think the radio is not as good as the 7.0 version I had.
    CrackBerry User

.523 in Oklahoma is a dream! I use the .569 browser though, but other than that, the AIS Thailand version has amazing speed with amazing battery life!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrocharged View Post
    .523 in Oklahoma is a dream! I use the .569 browser though, but other than that, the AIS Thailand version has amazing speed with amazing battery life!

No mic issues? I just reloaded 391. In all of these forums they sat there are Mic issues for anything above 400. I would love to put 523 on my device but I travel across the country every week and can't afford for the phone not to work.

Anybody get a 500+ OS to work on ATT without mic issues?
    CrackBerry User

Default 7.1.0.267

I'm still using .267 as its the only build that still allows me to use the mobile hotspot feature without having to add any additional packages to my plan and I am able to keep my unlimited data. Ever since I have had the unlimited data (4 years) I have never gotten any of those throttling messages from them but once I was able to use the hotspot with my laptop and playbook I have been utilizing it more. Battery life overall is pretty good I can go a full day with moderate email, heavy texting, moderate use of the streaming audio via Bluetooth, moderate web browsing. I still do a reboot (alt+caps+del) about twice a day just because its kind of second nature now. Shrunk the OS went from I believe it was 267 to about 93 I may be wrong. All and all I am happy with it, I have tried the newer OS's but like I said for me the mobile hotspot has become very useful so I am sticking to it until another resolution can be found without me having to pay anything additional.

-Fusion
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have been using .523 for the last two weeks on Att in Jackson MS without any issues. Never had mic issues too. Battery life on an average 12 hours. Browser unexpectedly closes once in a while. I am happy with this OS.
    CrackBerry Abuser

AT&T lags better and longer than every other carrier. Its that kind of customer commitment that allows them to charge so much!
    Last edited by reschp; 07-22-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Sp
    I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by awalizad View Post
    No mic issues? I just reloaded 391. In all of these forums they sat there are Mic issues for anything above 400. I would love to put 523 on my device but I travel across the country every week and can't afford for the phone not to work.

Anybody get a 500+ OS to work on ATT without mic issues?
    I don't have any mic issues, works just as I would expect it to
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by blackmoe View Post
    Rogers 391 gives me nothing but annoying freezes. Also I think the radio is not as good as the 7.0 version I had.
    Let me get this straight. Your on Rogers & Rogers OS .391 is given you issues. Does not sound right.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by blackmoe View Post
    I'm told to use the 318 radio file on top of the 391 version.

Official OS 7.1.0.391 for the Bold 9900 from Rogers Canada

I'm actually going to Quebec tomm, so i'll do the upgrade when I get back...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Thumbs up china unicom os7.1.0.437

in seattle, on att and have tried just about every recently released os. eula notwithstanding, os4.1.0.437 has worked best for me. had mic issues with every other but not this one.
    Thanked by:
    mark_g25 (07-26-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,219 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for it. too make weird people added me when I posted it!

I've never had a mic issue on my att 9900. I am using .523 and its okay. It lags bad when typing. In the middle of a sentence, it freezes for like 5 seconds, and it doesn't finish what I type. It just stops. And I get random black blank screens sometimes. The freezing thing happened 4 times typing this on tapatalk.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,115 Global Posts

To the op you cannot run a verizon 7.1 on an att phone. Made for 2 different phones. You have to run an os for a 9900 not a 9930.

I ran 523 and had a little more spinning clocks than I like so I went back to 284 from tmobile and I'm glad I did.

I can use my hotspot without being charged for it.

So 9900/7.1.0.284 (B998) has my vote.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,219 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for it. too make weird people added me when I posted it!

So eve6, comparing the os you are on and .523, do you notice any major differences besides the clock?