Just recently got my AT&T Bold 9900. Upgraded the OS right away to .474. Set up the device the way I wanted it. Noticed BB Maps was there and working. Been a long time since I've seen that on an AT&T device. Used my phone for a few days no problem. Decided to do an OTA install of Google Maps. Install went fine, app ran fine. After a reboot, I started getting a "THREAD OWNER DIED" message that just would not go away. Uninstalled Google Maps. Still there. Uninstalled every app I have that runs on boot. Still there. Did an OS wipe. Error was gone. Did not reload my settings, but reloaded all my apps, including Google Maps. Error came back. Had to do an OS wipe AGAIN. This time I reloaded everything EXCEPT Google Maps. No more error. Phone works great as long as I don't install Google Maps.

Anyone else see this? It seems to corrupt some part of the bootup of the OS and you have to do an OS reinstall to fix the corruption. Any additional feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Network25
    11-16-11 04:29 PM
    Haven't noticed that on my 9810, although it seems when I open the gmail pr google maps app a memory leak happens soon after.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 04:55 PM
    Google Map is working fine with my 9900. No problem whatsoever up to this date. Installed since I gotten my phone and used it for many times.

11-16-11 06:10 PM
    Humm Zero problems here. I have gone through every OS upgrade too. Telus is my carrier. .261 to .439 to .440 to .503 to .540 now. I think it was a bit flaky on .261 as far as loading all the map areas right away but now it's perfect and fast. Are you allowing access to your location and data?

Sent from my smokin' BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-16-11 06:47 PM
    Humm Zero problems here. I have gone through every OS upgrade too. Telus is my carrier. .261 to .439 to .440 to .503 to .540 now. I think it was a bit flaky on .261 as far as loading all the map areas right away but now it's perfect and fast. Are you allowing access to your location and data?

Sent from my smokin' BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    All permissions and data access are granted to Google Maps. To be clear, installing Google Maps for me causes an error in the OS that can only be fixed with a wipe. Even uninstalling Google Maps doesn't fix it. Below is a link to someone else who has a similar error message. The hex code is probably different than mine, but the rest of the message is similar.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-tour-9630-f141/uncaught-exception-applicationregistry-getorwaitfot-oxf4c52bc5e8d22e75-owner-died-294826/

11-17-11 01:05 AM
    Damn, I'd be terrified if my phone told me I'd died!!!!!

No problem here running Google Maps at all or with Latitude. I run them on both my BB and my Atrix. But....there is a certain amount of memory leak. I've tracked it with MeterBerry. So I just do a reset after closing out of Latitude.
    11-17-11 03:14 AM
    You have BB Maps installed too? What about Wikitude? Poynt? BB Traffic? I'm wondering if one of these other GPS related apps is conflicting. Still, so weird what it does to the OS. Might just be the version of the OS I installed too...
    11-17-11 09:18 AM
    1st thing I do when I load an OS is delete BB Maps (or shrink it out prior to installing), then I install GMaps. I've done that on every 9900 OS and have not had any issues or errors.
    11-17-11 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD