• 1 Post By southlander
  • 1 Post By CallMeNop
  • 1 Post By Techmajesty1
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask for it lol
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Switching from 9860 to 9900

I'm switching from the 9860 to the 9900 until the blackberry 10 comes out in Feburary. The main reason I'm switching because of the keyboard it's all touch but its nothing like the iPhone keyboard that's all touch. It's really a hot mess lol. I want to know how you'll like your 9900 and if there are any perks with having this phone over the 9860 beside the keyboard. I should have it tomorrow so if anyone minds just sharing what they like about their 9900 it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    V. Taylor!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,848 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B1173CD

Quote Originally Posted by godsgift123 View Post
    I'm switching from the 9860 to the 9900 until the blackberry 10 comes out in Feburary. The main reason I'm switching because of the keyboard it's all touch but its nothing like the iPhone keyboard that's all touch. It's really a hot mess lol. I want to know how you'll like your 9900 and if there are any perks with having this phone over the 9860 beside the keyboard. I should have it tomorrow so if anyone minds just sharing what they like about their 9900 it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Hardware wise I think the only difference is the NFC chip. Other than that the specs are virtually identical.

Personally I like the keyboard+trackpad+touchscreen combination. I use all three on a daily basis and its a very seamless transition. No need to even think about the input control.

Shortcuts are pretty big for me too. The 9900 allows you to use keyboard shortcuts pretty easily, the 9860 doesn't have them because there is no physicial keyboard.

And I think that's about it hope it helps.
    Thanked by:
    godsgift123 (11-25-2012) 
    godsgift123 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Default Re: Switching from 9860 to 9900

The 9900 has the best keyboard of any device out there
    Thanked by:
    godsgift123 (11-25-2012) 
    CerveloJohn and godsgift123 like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I switched from my 9860 to 9900 about 6 months ago and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. The 9860 was laggy for some reason, I tried a bunch of different OS's on it, including a couple hybrids and nothing seemed to make any difference. I used it for about 8 months and when I saw this bold 9900 on kijiji for a good price, I jumped on it. Otherwise I was about to buy an Android phone. I did love the screen size of the 9860 but I do not miss it now. My 9900 works ALOT smoother and is ALOT more responsive. Obviously the keyboard is effing awesome too.

The only thing I miss about the 9860 is the autofocus on the camera.

Make the switch, you will not regret it.

Good luck.
    Thanked by:
    godsgift123 (11-25-2012) 
    godsgift123 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    32FE97BA

I use both. I actually really like the the touchscreen keyboard on the torch in landscape mode. obviously it camt touch a real qwerty kb, but then the torch is a lot better for web browsing.

I like the looks and the thiness of the bold. and the trackpad being in the middle. I find the trackpad being along the bottom on the torch ... awkward.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    godsgift123 (11-25-2012) 
    godsgift123 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask for it lol
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I really appreciate your detail info about the 9900 thanks a bunch
    V. Taylor!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask for it lol
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by goku_vegeta View Post
    Hardware wise I think the only difference is the NFC chip. Other than that the specs are virtually identical.

Personally I like the keyboard+trackpad+touchscreen combination. I use all three on a daily basis and its a very seamless transition. No need to even think about the input control.

Shortcuts are pretty big for me too. The 9900 allows you to use keyboard shortcuts pretty easily, the 9860 doesn't have them because there is no physicial keyboard.

And I think that's about it hope it helps.
    That info really help I thank you so much I'm glad I'm making the switch
    V. Taylor!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask for it lol
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by southlander View Post
    I use both. I actually really like the the touchscreen keyboard on the torch in landscape mode. obviously it camt touch a real qwerty kb, but then the torch is a lot better for web browsing.

I like the looks and the thiness of the bold. and the trackpad being in the middle. I find the trackpad being along the bottom on the torch ... awkward.

You make me want to keep both I was going to sell my 9860 but I think I may keep it just from the info you provided me and just for a stand by phone. Thanks again for the info.
    V. Taylor!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask for it lol
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

[QUOTE=JWWDUKE;7746748]I switched from my 9860 to 9900 about 6 months ago and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. The 9860 was laggy for some reason, I tried a bunch of different OS's on it, including a couple hybrids and nothing seemed to make any difference. I used it for about 8 months and when I saw this bold 9900 on kijiji for a good price, I jumped on it. Otherwise I was about to buy an Android phone. I did love the screen size of the 9860 but I do not miss it now. My 9900 works ALOT smoother and is ALOT more responsive. Obviously the keyboard is effing awesome too.

The only thing I miss about the 9860 is the autofocus on the camera.

Make the switch, you will not regret it.

Good luck.[/QUOTE

Now that's how I felt about the 9860 it lagged to much for me not a good response on it at all but I will probably keep it as a stand by phone. Thanks for the info.
    V. Taylor!

PIN
    32FE97BA

You make me want to keep both I was going to sell my 9860 but I think I may keep it just from the info you provided me and just for a stand by phone. Thanks again for the info.
    I would keep it unless you really have to sell it. they are almost the same exact phone spec wise and thus it is very easy to move back and forth and keep the same apps and settings.

I find I miss the camera on the torch and the big screen and larger fonts, when using my bold. and then when I am on my torch I miss the keyboard on the bold and the ergonomics of the trackpad. so, I switch up.

I would probably actually prefer the torch slider if it was on verizon. but it is not. and I am not using at&t.

Thanked by:
    godsgift123 (11-27-2012) 
    godsgift123 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have thought about going from the 9850 to 9900 but won't this close to BB10. I love the 9850 except for typing. It is horrid, and forget it if your fingers are at all cold. I might go to the physical keyboard on BB10. When I want big screen I can use the PlayBook.
    Thanked by:
    godsgift123 (11-27-2012) 
    godsgift123 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    PIN
    DROP SILENCE

I had the 9900 in August 11, when it was launched. Changed to the 9810,since I found the 9900 too big and then moved to the Curve 9360,since the 9810 was too bulky. But after a year I came back to the 9900 and wondered why I felt it was big in the first place. It is absolutely the correct size imo.
    Awesome device the 9900 is.
    My suggestion is to get the I pod to compliment the 9900 rather than use both 9860 ( just for the camera) and 9900. You get best of both worlds.
    BB Users from India, check out www.bbindia.net
    Thanked by:
    godsgift123 (11-27-2012) 
    godsgift123 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask for it lol
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

I would keep it unless you really have to sell it. they are almost the same exact phone spec wise and thus it is very easy to move back and forth and keep the same apps and settings.

I find I miss the camera on the torch and the big screen and larger fonts, when using my bold. and then when I am on my torch I miss the keyboard on the bold and the ergonomics of the trackpad. so, I switch up.

I would probably actually prefer the torch slider if it was on verizon. but it is not. and I am not using at&t.

Are you talking about the 9810 torch when you say the torch slider because I had that phone but I sold it. It was a good phone I just wanted an all touch blackberry because I never had one I just really wanted that phone but the keyboard is so awful and your right it has its perks but since I have the 9900 I do like it better. My only problem is the items I purchase from the App Store are not showing up but I think this phone my need to be updated. I will figure that our later but I'm going to keep both phones I also have an iPhone 5 for pics and other things the 9900 can't do lol. Thanks again for you info.
    V. Taylor!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask for it lol
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Emigre View Post
    I have thought about going from the 9850 to 9900 but won't this close to BB10. I love the 9850 except for typing. It is horrid, and forget it if your fingers are at all cold. I might go to the physical keyboard on BB10. When I want big screen I can use the PlayBook.
    I agree with you the keyboard is horrible lol
    V. Taylor!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask for it lol
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Quote Originally Posted by ritesh View Post
    I had the 9900 in August 11, when it was launched. Changed to the 9810,since I found the 9900 too big and then moved to the Curve 9360,since the 9810 was too bulky. But after a year I came back to the 9900 and wondered why I felt it was big in the first place. It is absolutely the correct size imo.
    Awesome device the 9900 is.
    My suggestion is to get the I pod to compliment the 9900 rather than use both 9860 ( just for the camera) and 9900. You get best of both worlds.
    I have an iPhone 5 so I'm good on the iPod like gadget but I'm going to keep my 9860 until the BB10 comes out in January really just trying to get these darn apps/themes I got from the apps store to go my phone but doesn't have an unistalled location like on my 9860 but I think it needs an update I will figure it out later. Thanks again for you info.
    V. Taylor!

PIN
    32FE97BA

Default Switching from 9860 to 9900

Are you talking about the 9810 torch when you say the torch slider because I had that phone but I sold it. It was a good phone I just wanted an all touch blackberry because I never had one I just really wanted that phone but the keyboard is so awful and your right it has its perks but since I have the 9900 I do like it better. My only problem is the items I purchase from the App Store are not showing up but I think this phone my need to be updated. I will figure that our later but I'm going to keep both phones I also have an iPhone 5 for pics and other things the 9900 can't do lol. Thanks again for you info.
    Yes I mean the 9810 torch slider. Make sure you update appworld on your new BlackBerry and move your I D to the new phone for apps to show up.

(Visit appworld.blackberry.com in the browser to update appworld manually instead of waiting for the upgrade notification).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    godsgift123 (12-10-2012) 
    godsgift123 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    PIN
    2ADA5538

I switched my iphone 4 for a 9900 a year ago. I don't have any regrets. the keyboard enhance all of my experience on the phone: Tweet are more easy and "fun" to do, i Tweet more since i have my 9900. Texting is getting easier too, i reply faster. And of course, the same on BBM.

The physical keyboard make everything more attractive and easy to do. A pleasur to use !
    Thanked by:
    godsgift123 (12-10-2012) 
    godsgift123 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask for it lol
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Yes I mean the 9810 torch slider. Make sure you update appworld on your new BlackBerry and move your I D to the new phone for apps to show up.

(Visit appworld.blackberry.com in the browser to update appworld manually instead of waiting for the upgrade notification).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info about the App Store I was wondering what was wrong with it lol. Thanks again.
    V. Taylor!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask for it lol
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeNop View Post
    I switched my iphone 4 for a 9900 a year ago. I don't have any regrets. the keyboard enhance all of my experience on the phone: Tweet are more easy and "fun" to do, i Tweet more since i have my 9900. Texting is getting easier too, i reply faster. And of course, the same on BBM.

The physical keyboard make everything more attractive and easy to do. A pleasur to use !
    I'm starting to feel the same way about my iphone 5 lol!!
    V. Taylor!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Have Blackberry 9900 is an awesome experience for me. It's hardware and processor is so cool.
    Last edited by Techmajesty1; 02-11-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    Regards,
    Unlock Blackberry Curve | Techmajesty for unlocking, Blackberry, iPhone, HTC and more at any GSM careers worldwide. Please Call: 786-471-8021 or Email: support@techmajesty.com
    Thanked by:
    godsgift123 (12-15-2012) 
    godsgift123 likes this.