Yesterday i switched from Galaxy Nexus to Bold 9900.
    I was looking for something small and compact, and i like Bold 9900 very much but
    now i have some battery problem.

Yesterday when i came home i plug it to charger and searched for update.
    The System Version was 7.0 and it updated to 7.1 Paket 1142 (7.1.342).

After that i have installed apps that i need: Whatsapp, shazam, Beereader, Weather app and Tapatalk.

I have 1 gmail account and I'm syncing calendar, mail, and contacts with gmail.
    Also i have 1 yahoo account and Facebook.

Yesterday evening the phone has about 80% battery. I turned off 3g.
    At morning 6.00 i went to work and turned off everything, i mean everything including mobile networks, because i didnt figure out how to turn on flight modus.
    Because at my work i have very very bad or no mobile network.

Took the phone at 9.30 morning the battery was Orange. i didnt do anything.
    Took the phone at 12 clock, red light is blinking - low battery. Again turned everything off.
    At 16 Clock the battery symbol is red and blinking.

So that means that bb 9900 is sucking the battery even when i turned all connections off.

Can you give me some hint what is going on here. or is it some bad app that sucking battery.

Thanks
    07-09-12 10:25 AM
    Yesterday i switched from Galaxy Nexus to Bold 9900.
    I was looking for something small and compact, and i like Bold 9900 very much but
    now i have some battery problem.

Yesterday when i came home i plug it to charger and searched for update.
    The System Version was 7.0 and it updated to 7.1 Paket 1142 (7.1.342).

After that i have installed apps that i need: Whatsapp, shazam, Beereader, Weather app and Tapatalk.

I have 1 gmail account and I'm syncing calendar, mail, and contacts with gmail.
    Also i have 1 yahoo account and Facebook.

Yesterday evening the phone has about 80% battery. I turned off 3g.
    At morning 6.00 i went to work and turned off everything, i mean everything including mobile networks, because i didnt figure out how to turn on flight modus.
    Because at my work i have very very bad or no mobile network.

Took the phone at 9.30 morning the battery was Orange. i didnt do anything.
    Took the phone at 12 clock, red light is blinking - low battery. Again turned everything off.
    At 16 Clock the battery symbol is red and blinking.

So that means that bb 9900 is sucking the battery even when i turned all connections off.

Can you give me some hint what is going on here. or is it some bad app that sucking battery.

Thanks
    I would update to OS 7.1.0.523, it has a built in app monitor that automatically shuts down any app that is killing your battery. I seem to recall that other people have reported Whatsapp to be a battery killer in other threads.

Use WiFi at work if it is available to you and consider a charging pod for your desk to keep the Berry charged up.

Weak signal is a battery killer.
    07-09-12 10:39 AM
    Thanks. I've just searched for update but there are no updates for my bb now.
    According to Phone Info i have 7.1.0 Bundle 1149.

I know that weak signal is battery killer, but i switched all connections off just like flight modus on other phones and it still eats battery.

And that's confusing me a little.

I'm gonna try also Automatic On/Off in the time between 00:00 and 6:00.
    07-09-12 11:07 AM
    Thanks. I've just searched for update but there are no updates for my bb now.
    According to Phone Info i have 7.1.0 Bundle 1149.

I know that weak signal is battery killer, but i switched all connections off just like flight modus on other phones and it still eats battery.

And that's confusing me a little.

I'm gonna try also Automatic On/Off in the time between 00:00 and 6:00.
    Link for .523 below:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...64A511E24FC904

Download, install on PC, delete vendor.xml files and then open DM, the OS should show as available to install.

Sounds like it is an app that may be causing your problems and .523 should help you with that.

Alternative is to delete all apps and reinstall one by one a day at a time and that should identify the one causing your problems.
    07-09-12 11:31 AM
    Thank you. If i install this update, do i loose my warranty?

I'm asking this because, on android if you install manually update you may loose warranty.

I also need to ask someone pc because i don't have a pc, i'm on mac.
    07-09-12 01:29 PM
    While you look for someone with a PC, run a little experiment. If you can.

Delete all the apps you've installed. On earlier 7.1 builds there is a built in Device Analyser.

Options>Device>Advanced Systems Settings>Blackberry Device Analyzer>Battery Tests. If it's your first time there, click Battery Draining Too Quickly.

This will begin a monitoring process on your device's battery.

After 24 hours, once you have a baseline, add one app at a time. Monitor the day's trend. Do this for subsequent apps on subsequent days.

Unless you need to tweak your settings, this will give you a good idea of what is causing your drain.

Right off the bat, I can tell you that FB, Twitter, WhatsApp, and weather apps are all huge battery hogs.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 07-09-12 at 04:36 PM.
    07-09-12 01:50 PM
    Disable push messages in facebook and twitter,it will improve your battery life.
    07-09-12 03:39 PM
    Thank you guys for your sugestions
    07-09-12 03:52 PM
    Also - Closing down each application completely when you leave it is a good thing to practice. Using your 'BB' option key, hold it in until the applications are displayed. Once they are, enter each one and then use the BB key, select 'exit' or 'close' in each one. This will ensure they aren't running in the back ground.

App managers are great too. Check the app store. I had a battery drain on my BB 9900 and found out it was because Twitter and FB were updating the feeds every 30 minutes to an hour. I changed them to only update when I open them and the battery was MUCH improved. Leaving the App World open will drain battery too.
    07-09-12 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD