I'm starting to regret ditching my BlackBerry email when I went to a BB10 device, I can't get any email to work on this 9900 now. I switched to Outlook because it was highly recommended by someone here due to the redundant security features it has. I'm guessing those great features are also what's screwing me? Or am I just missing something? Man I wish I never bought that Z10, it really has been nothing but a nightmare since the day it showed up.
    04-18-14 05:39 PM
    In order to get your email on the 9900 you need to use your carriers BIS. Have you gone to the correct site to set things up?
    04-18-14 06:20 PM
    OK, at what point are you at now, and specifically what email accounts do you want to set up?

Outlook comes in a few varieties. Which one are you using?

-webmail
    -desktop
    -outlook.com
    -enterprise
    04-20-14 02:30 PM
    Yeah, damn those fancy blu-ray players! Back in my day we had DVDs and they were just FINE!

Anyway, why are you blaming the 10?
    I suppose you have BIS.
    fryk likes this.
    04-20-14 02:32 PM
    I'm blaming BB10 because it doesn't even work with a BlackBerry email - which is supposedly going away - but I haven't seen one thing regarding this. Not an email, not a text, not a notice, nothing - just this BB10 device telling me so. So then I switch everything over to a new email - every forum, every account, all of my utilities, things that I'm still remembering I have to switch over months later all so I can try out this new device - and it turns out I don't even like it. Now trying to go back to an older device, I have totally screwed myself.

Give me one reason why I shouldn't be pissed off?

But anyways, this cheered me up a bit.

And oh yeah, I've been and avid user/abuser/modifier of BB devices for about 8 years now. This 9900 is my 9th or 10th device and not because I have to have the "new" thing but because I use my devices until they fall apart - but sometimes I rebuild them and use them a little more. I still use my 2nd device, an 8800, as my calculator at work. It's large and the keyboard is the best BB ever made - only this 9900 rivals it. My 2nd 9630 I use for my other phone number. So don't even think for a second that I'm just some n00b that has no idea what's going on.
    04-26-14 03:03 PM
    And how many people do you know that have a toolbox dedicated to their cel-phone hobby?

So you can kiss my tail with that "fancy blu-ray" comment. I bet I know my way around these devices better than you.
    04-26-14 03:09 PM
    the one device in your toolbox, is that an all Gold Bold 9000?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    04-26-14 03:54 PM
    Which email are you trying to get back on your 9900 - the BIS account, or your new Outlook?

Be sure you did as JayDee mentioned and ensure your provider has enabled BIS back on your account; with a lot of carriers that's not done automatically.

(Also, relax just a little bit )
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-26-14 04:20 PM