I got the 9900 on the first day and it was amazing. Played with it for two weeks then noticed that it was never gonna work out because the battery life was horrid. Its gorgeous and slender and fast and amazing, but why do we have to worry about battery life every day we unplug it?
    I switched to the 9810 and can't be happier. Battery lasts like it should, great camera and very quick and nice big screen!
    08-29-11 07:33 AM
    Makes one wonder what it is that's draining the battery of the 9900, since the 9810 uses the same chipset, has a bigger screen and a slightly bigger battery (40mAh more). How big is the difference in battery life?
    Last edited by dreester; 08-29-11 at 07:44 AM.
    08-29-11 07:41 AM
    no idea, doesnt happen to my 9900.
    Last edited by billyg072; 08-29-11 at 07:50 AM.
    08-29-11 07:45 AM
    I lose 10% per hour.
    Heard .353 helps improve battery life.
    So am going to update later and see how it works for me
    Oh and going to completely wipe the phone and do a select restore instead of device switch.
    I've noticed many people who did that have had problems with battery life :S
    08-29-11 08:54 AM
    Took my 9900 off the charger at 4.35am, now its 4.04pm and i still have 78% battery. Have done couple short phone calls, few emails, and texted and surfed in all my breaks at work.
    08-29-11 09:05 AM
    i only loose 2% - 3% an hour right now so my phone can last threw the day easily with normal use.
    08-29-11 09:10 AM
    I got the 9900 on the first day and it was amazing. Played with it for two weeks then noticed that it was never gonna work out because the battery life was horrid. Its gorgeous and slender and fast and amazing, but why do we have to worry about battery life every day we unplug it?
    I switched to the 9810 and can't be happier. Battery lasts like it should, great camera and very quick and nice big screen!
    it beats my imagination too but i aint going back to 9800 or 9810. i love the 9900.
    08-29-11 09:29 AM
    Those who say they have long battery life is simply because they hardly use it. For someone who surfs and chats a lot; that kills the battery. On stand by, sure, it lasts for a long time. I am not the only one, there are so many posts on poor battery life. Maybe in the future I will go back to the 9900 with an extended battery or something like that without the pointless NFC.
    Regardless, both devices are wonderful.
    08-29-11 09:35 AM
    Those who say they have long battery life is simply because they hardly use it.
    This is simply not true, I use my phone a lot, and get great battery life.
    08-29-11 10:43 AM
    maybe you are one of the privileged ones with good battery.
    08-29-11 10:52 AM
    Those who say they have long battery life is simply because they hardly use it. For someone who surfs and chats a lot; that kills the battery. On stand by, sure, it lasts for a long time. I am not the only one, there are so many posts on poor battery life. Maybe in the future I will go back to the 9900 with an extended battery or something like that without the pointless NFC.
    Regardless, both devices are wonderful.
    This is probably one of the worse assumptions I've seen here in awhile. Definitely not the case! This is false. I am a moderate to heavy user and my battery is excellent! I can last a day and a half with my usage(comparable to my 9800), if I was barely using it, it could probably last over 2 days, who know how long on standby. Not everyone is posting bad battery results and those that don't, don't assume they don't use their phone.

There are so many posts of poor battery, but do you think all the people out there who have a great battery, log on here and say they have a great battery? I know about a dozen people with the 9900, and only 1 has complained about the battery, all others(and heavy users too) have not complained at all. Maybe we got a good batch of phones or batteries or whatever, but do not assume us folks with great battery life don't use it.
    08-29-11 10:58 AM
    I thought the battery life would be same on both devices.
    08-29-11 11:17 AM
    I thought the battery life would be same on both devices.
    08-29-11 11:34 AM
    agree, well, im not a heavy user, only use my 9900 to do mails (about 50), bbm (about 200), 15 min calls, and few sms n googletalk, it lasted for about 14 hours with 20% left. and i use the magnetic pouch from bb, somehow everytime i pull it from my pouch, it seems the battery almost stay the same as when i put it before.
    08-29-11 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD