*Galaxy is cumbersome and doesn't feel right despite using the phone to it's full potential.*

So I used to have 2 curves then a bold 9780. It was great. I then bought into the hype and got a Samsung Galaxy S2 because I was curious. I rooted my android, flashed custom roms... customized everything I could. Downloaded a bajllion apps which I deleted most of anyways. An attempt to fill my Crackberry void. I am so annoyed at my Android, it can't do simple tasks very well. It's so big! Blackberry always felt right. Even my old crappy pearl flip which barely worked felt so muh better then my Galaxy! I find mysef spending countless usless hours just to try to make the Galaxy work for me. It still doesnt.

Should I go Bold with the 9900? I really love texting... I don't need stupid shiney galaxy apps! There all useless. I am concered about the Bolds battery... I heard it was bad? Then again my Galaxy would drain 25% if I use it the whole hour.
    Last edited by enze; 01-04-12 at 07:17 PM.
    01-04-12 05:37 PM
    Stick with the galaxy....it seems like you like it alot.

If the cons of the galaxy upset you that much.....and you have no problems with bb.....then get the bb.
    JR A likes this.
    01-04-12 06:19 PM
    So I used to have 2 curves then a bold 9780. It was great. I then bought into the hype and got a Samsung Galaxy S2 because I was curious. I rooted my android, flashed custom roms... customized everything I could. Downloaded a bajllion apps which I deleted most of anyways. An attempt to fill my Crackberry void. I am so annoyed at my Android, it can't do simple tasks very well. It's so big! Blackberry always felt right. Even my old crappy pearl flip which barely worked felt so muh better then my Galaxy! I find mysef spending countless usless hours just to try to make the Galaxy work for me. It still doesnt.

Should I go Bold with the 9900? I really love texting... I don't need stupid shiney galaxy apps! There all useless. I am concered about the Bolds battery... I heard it was bad? Then again my Galaxy would drain 25% if I use it the whole hour.
    I'm basically in your boat! Used to rock the 9000, 9700, then bought into the iPhone hype. While it's good I found myself still lookin at tons of blackberry stuff. Downloaded at least 150 apps and probably opened 2 or 3 like a few times a day. I missed the Social Feeds app, keyboard couldn't be replaced, onscreen typing can be fast, maybe even faster, but its almost impossible to make mistakes on a blackberry!

After debating for a while I sold my iPhone and am going to get a 9900 next week! SOO excited! The 9000 was my baby and its back and better then ever! The time couldn't go any slower right now
    ILUMINATIUNDEAD likes this.
    01-04-12 06:51 PM
    Stick with the galaxy....it seems like you like it alot.

If the cons of the galaxy upset you that much.....and you have no problems with bb.....then get the bb.
    I agree.

Sounds like you really enjoy your SGS2, so why switch?

01-04-12 07:03 PM
    Did people not read my message right or did I write it wrong... either way. I got Galaxy out of temptation... to try somthing new. but I HATE the way its so big (annoying to carry)and harder to do simple tasks...drains battery like it's cocaine. I did EVERYTHING to try to get me to like it... downloaded a millon apps and even rooted and flashed the out of it. I'm still not satisfied. I customized everything... it still doesn't feel right like my old blackberries did. all to the useless apps.. I grew up
    cleveland216 likes this.
    01-04-12 07:16 PM

get the 9900 and put the .503 software on it. I had horrible battery with other software versions, switched to .503 and was blown away. I leave the house at 8am, make roughly 2 dozen 5 min calls, send on average 20 emails, roughly a hundred texts, surf the web on my pb while bridged to my 9900. TRUST me! Battery is fine. grab a 9900 and you womt regret it. JOIN US!!
    01-04-12 07:35 PM
    Did people not read my message right or did I write it wrong... either way. I got Galaxy out of temptation... to try somthing new. but I HATE the way its so big (annoying to carry)and harder to do simple tasks...drains battery like it's cocaine. I did EVERYTHING to try to get me to like it... downloaded a millon apps and even rooted and flashed the out of it. I'm still not satisfied. I customized everything... it still doesn't feel right like my old blackberries did. all to the useless apps.. I grew up

I understood your post. My point is....if I told you NOT to get the BB, would you listen to me? Nope........get the 9900 and be happy. It might even change your life

I strongly agree with the "I grew up" part. I'm using an iPhone 4S with no apps. I have no desire to download any apps besides citibank, and meebo. Strictly calling, text, emails, and google talk is all i need. I'm guessing Citibank can be accessed through the web browser? of the 9900?
    01-04-12 08:01 PM
    I have the spare battery and extra charger combo accessory for my 9930 and with it i never plug in my phone. I only swap out the dead battery for the newly charged battery when the time comes. Well since I started doing that I make it a habit to use Quick Launch and check my battery life vs up time before i pull the drained battery.

Right now I am at 42% battery life and my phone has been on for 19 hours and 56 mins. My 9650 didn't even have that good of battery life.
    01-04-12 08:18 PM
    Try the Galaxy for 2 more weeks, if you still dont like it, go get a 9900! Its a complete messaging device, thats what i am using it for %90 of the time.

Battery life... 9900s battery is not as good as 97xx but its at least 4 times bette than galaxy, thats for sure.
    By they way, yesterday i wen to bed with %60 juice. Off charger:7am. Plugged ot to charger:Midnight
    01-04-12 11:20 PM
    go with bold 9790 because it seems to have better battery life.
    01-04-12 11:49 PM

LOL, sorry. I need to freshen up on my Sarcasm. I'm taking night classes to improve it though...

Seriously speaking... I think you know what the right move is (going back to BB), even before you posted here. Your post was swayed so much that I don't think anyone could've paid you to stay with your S2.

Advice is what you wanna hear when you already know what the answer is.

01-05-12 12:16 AM
    Ha yeah no matter how much I try to keep it organized there's a bunch of strange files all over the place And it's hard to locate a song or something it drives me nuts. I'm looking at the pretty white bold. Just debating if I'll end up like one of the people with the problems I see on the forum
    01-05-12 12:50 AM
    Get the bold and ur troubles will disappear . im absolutely loving this phone. Owned a lot of blackberries and this is by far my favourite.
    01-05-12 01:06 AM
    try 9790, since you had a 9780 before you might like it more than the 9900 as 9790 is pretty much the size of 9780 only thinner and light weight.
    01-05-12 02:24 AM
    eye candy
    01-05-12 08:12 AM
    Why not both. Get the 9900 with the BB data plan and then you can switch the SIM card to the GS2 when ever you wish and not miss using both!

I did this for a long time until I woke up one morning and the "red light of death" indicated my device was called by it's maker in the middle of the night.
    01-05-12 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD