Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By damimo63
  • 1 Post By cszita
  • 1 Post By lcchick
  • 1 Post By Emu the Foo
  • 1 Post By eve6er69
  • 1 Post By PreJason
  • 1 Post By AshDeezy
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default switch to BB 9900 till Q10 launch?

Hi Crackberry fellow users,

I'm trying to make a decision here. For the last year, I had a Galaxy Nexus as my primary phone, but last month I switched back to my trusty Bold 9000 and never looked back. I like having my phone actually feel like a communication device. Right now, I can't even think about going back to the Nexus and the whole Android experience. I'm a BB addict, I guess.

My question is, should I sell my Nexus or trade it for a 9900 just to keep me updated and pleased till the Q10 launches in late April? I love the BBOS experience I get from the 9000, but I need some speed too, LOL. The white 9900 looks like the perfect solution for me until the Q10 drops.

So share your opinions!
    jaydee5799 and BergerKing like this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default Re: switch to BB 9900 till Q10 launch?

Quote Originally Posted by damimo63 View Post
    Hi Crackberry fellow users,

I'm trying to make a decision here. For the last year, I had a Galaxy Nexus as my primary phone, but last month I switched back to my trusty Bold 9000 and never looked back. I like having my phone actually feel like a communication device. Right now, I can't even think about going back to the Nexus and the whole Android experience. I'm a BB addict, I guess.

My question is, should I sell my Nexus or trade it for a 9900 just to keep me updated and pleased till the Q10 launches in late April? I love the BBOS experience I get from the 9000, but I need some speed too, LOL. The white 9900 looks like the perfect solution for me until the Q10 drops.

So share your opinions!
    Unless you have the money, (and are willing to wait) go for the 9900. I got mine yesterday (was upgrading from a torch 9800). Did not want to wait for the Q10...

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 2
    BergerKing likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

I just ordered a 9930 for the same reason (not loving the android I have now). I'm not eligible for like 20 months, so once I get the BB up and running, i'm selling the android. Not sure if the BB will keep you pleased until the Q10 but Im hoping for the best!
    BergerKing likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,270 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Nice to have you and hope to help you with your excellent first post. It really depends on how much you want a q10. The 9930 is great and I love mine but I won't have it for too long. I would trade you personally to help you out but it sounds like you ave att or tmo. I'm on vzw. I say check what craigslist in your area have the going rate for both the 99xx and the nexus. Because when the q10 comes out the bold will drop in price. So if u don't mind the potential money loss and have the cash get the bold. If not I say sell the nexus and sit on that cash till the q10 is out. If money is not an issue at all now or when it comes out then go ahead and get the bold and then sell the nexus. Then sell the bold later. One thing is buy a nice used one because the contract cancelation fee will not be offset at all. Hope that helped and wasn't too confusing.
    BergerKing likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,099 Global Posts

If you need speed the 9900 will hold you down until the q10 launch. Heck if your like me I'm going to hold onto this 9900 for as long as it runs this fast.

If your that dead set on staying with BlackBerry and positive your nexus will not get use than why let it rot in a drawer when you can sell it and buy a phone that you will actually get use out of.

Sent from my game boy color
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
    BergerKing likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

That's the plan friend. I sold my Galaxy Note and I haven't looked back. I picked up a Playbook as well to satisfy the need of a "larger screen" to play games etc. with.... When the Q10 comes to AT&T I'll take that plunge. But plan on keeping my 9900 as well.
    BergerKing likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts

The 9000 can't even hold a candle to the 9900. It will definitely hold you over.

Black Z10, White Z10, Black Q10. Z30 coming soon (hopefully).
    Follow me on Twitter: @AshDeezy
    BergerKing likes this.

Global Posts
    32,227 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

You can ditch the Android and have the Bold until launch/or/price gets right, and then you have a BB for backup after ulyou switch over. Seems like a win-win to me.
    See a problem? Click the report button and tell us what it is!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720T* Galaxy S4
    Bacon is the duct tape for food!
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you are on TMo, they may release the Z10 before March.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts

I was in a similar situation a few months ago. I had the Galaxy S2 X and it was a great phone but I just really missed the Blackberry OS. So I looked around for a used one and was lucky enough to find a near mint one being sold by someone who was switching to the GS III. If you enjoy BBOS for what it offers then the 9900 is a fantastic phone. I knew I would get more use out of it than I would the Android which is a big reason I switched back. Plus I have to have a keyboard so I knew I wasn't going to be getting the Z10 and would more than likely have to wait a bit for the Q10.

If you think you can hold out until April I would say wait because the Q10 is looking great. But if not the 9900 is a great investment. 4 months into it and I still enjoy playing around with it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,416 Global Posts

If you are waiting on the Q10 specifically and not the Z10 then your best bet is the 9900! its the greatest BBRY i've owned thus far.... it won't disappoint, great screen, fast and smooth and not to mention the excellent keyboard... the phone is very robust. I've kept no screen protector or case on it and it has survived every fall its had... no problems with the screen or anything. I love it!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

I've had the Nexus S, Bionic, Galaxy Nexus, and the Note 2. I prefer the Bold 9930 as the device I keep with me 24/7. I will try try out the Z10 while waiting for the Q10 release.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    PIN
    A COLADA

So close to the Q10 launch, I'd wait. If your 9000 works, just use that til launch. I had a Galaxy Nexus and I hated it. The battery life was horrid. Dead after 4 hours and that was with me making an effort NOT to use it. And I never was won over with Android. *shrugs* Personal preference, I guess.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BB history: 8700>8310>8220>9800>9930+16GB Playbook>Z10
    Others: iPhone 4, Galaxy Nexus, iPhone 5
    CrackBerry User

It is my personal advice. Since you will not return back to android, Sold Nexus before the price drops more. Even you buy q10 later,9900 is still a good handheld to keep.
    Last edited by cloverappz; 02-22-2013 at 10:29 PM.
    Blackberry users never lack of Apps, they just lack of EXELLENT ones.

Battery Status Anywhere - Do one thing and do it best.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/20351599/
    CrackBerry Abuser

Cool

9900 is king of blackberries, best all round phone I have ever owned, everytime I upgrade after a week I always go back to my bold (like a mistress)

The Q10 will have to be a **** of a phone to make me switch, together with my PlayBook there is nothing better!

CrackBerry Newbie

Get the 9900 mate it's the best move you can make. I've had Blackberry's for about 4yrs,the 9900 since October last year & my next will be Q10. You realy can't go wrong with the OS & great apps. Make the move & enjoy mate you won't regret it.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cap_172R View Post
    If you are waiting on the Q10 specifically and not the Z10 then your best bet is the 9900! its the greatest BBRY i've owned thus far.... it won't disappoint, great screen, fast and smooth and not to mention the excellent keyboard... the phone is very robust. I've kept no screen protector or case on it and it has survived every fall its had... no problems with the screen or anything. I love it!
    Hi there,

Wait and get the new Q10 or Z10! You will love any of them, if your coming off a Bold 9930 or Bold 9900 I suggest you go for the Q10 it Rocks!

In the middle of March you will be able to test any of the two at your local wireless device and network store...

Good luck! And All The Best! If your going for the Q10 or Z10 you will not regret it

And if BlackBerry Corp. folds by year end you will be covered for a longer time in regards to support for your new BB OS 10 device. And there will be a limited time frame of support for all of the 7.1 devices and BB hardware if BlackBerry Corp. Folds and goes under, BlackBerry Corp. Has lots of head aches and funding and capital issues at this time and they better get it together ASAP before year end or they will be going under and this time this will be it... As reports say and on the media weekly...

Regards,
    Tom

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk