Hi all,

I have a 9900 on AT&T with unlimited data. I'm on a business premier plan, and last week I received an iPhone 4S from work. I'd like to switch back and forth between phones, if possible, but I wanted to check and see what steps I'd have to take regarding sim card, data plan etc. Looked through forums and it looks like I'd have to buy some kind of sim adapter, is that correct? Thanks!
    03-12-12 09:23 AM
    Not sure if this would effect you or not but I tried a different networks SIM in my Bold the other day to see if it was unlocked. Not sure why, (lack of BIS on the other SIM or from another network) but it screwed over the phone…. something to do with Blackberry Protect.

Im sure that can be gotten round…. but bear that in mind when SIM swapping.

Steve
    03-12-12 09:34 AM
    I don't know about AT&T, but some companies offer data plans that inclues BIS. If you have the BIS capability in your plan along with regular smartphone data plan, you will be able to go back and forth.
    03-12-12 09:36 AM
    Not sure if this would effect you or not but I tried a different networks SIM in my Bold the other day to see if it was unlocked. Not sure why, (lack of BIS on the other SIM or from another network) but it screwed over the phone�. something to do with Blackberry Protect.

Im sure that can be gotten round�. but bear that in mind when SIM swapping.

Steve
    With BB Protect, you can enter the password once a new SIM is placed to unlock it. Also, if you don't use the program, you can always delete it.
    03-12-12 09:38 AM
    You would need to have some kind of an adapter seeing as the iPhone 4 uses a microSIM card as opposed to the full sized one in other phones.

As for swapping back and forth, I don't believe it would work simply because carriers use different data streams for each type of device. When I switched from my old phone to the Blackberry, when I dropped my SIM card in, I could make calls and use the pre-installed apps, but that was about it. I had to call my service provider and give them the IMEI number underneath the battery so they could plug that into their system before I could use data on the phone.

Keep in mind too, that your employer likely has a specific plan set up for the iPhone, an trying to use that plan with a Blackberry likely won't work.

JB
    03-12-12 09:53 AM
    Thanks for the replies everyone. So it seems I can do it with an adapter, but I'd lose visual vm on iPhone 4S, at least that's what I've read.
    03-12-12 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD