I called three different Sprint reps and call center, and unfortunatly they couldn't confim August 21st as the official BB Bold 9930 release date. One rep though couldn't confirm or deny, just said keep checking Sprint's coming soon section on their web site. She said some devices like the HTC Evo 4G was known almost 30 days before official release, while other devices may just have a week notice. Just hope that the SKU list Blaz1e had up was the real deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    James Wang and JUSTQUAN2 like this.
    08-02-11 03:18 PM
    Don't worry bro, I'm sitting here now in Overland park, KS outside sprint campus in a lawn chair with a shotgun and eating cereal with a sign that says 8/21/11 OR ELSE!
    nRRe and ZMc1834 like this.
    08-02-11 03:28 PM
    hahahahaahha gettt errrr dooonneeeee
    08-02-11 03:35 PM
    Don't worry bro, I'm sitting here now in Overland park, KS outside sprint campus in a lawn chair with a shotgun and eating cereal with a sign that says 8/21/11 OR ELSE!
    ...Good answer...if you see Dan Hesse, give him a warning shot in his keester

08-02-11 04:05 PM
    Need someone with a rifle and a sign saying "I'm with shotgun!!!"
    nRRe likes this.
    08-02-11 04:09 PM
    21st is a sunday. hmm... sprint might get it after that or maybe before
    08-02-11 04:14 PM
    Also, if anyone in the Detroit area wants a very good condition Sprint red Curve 8330 w/4GB microSDHC card w/Original box and manual and charger and headphones, selling for $40.00 RIGHT after I get my Sprint Bold 9930

08-02-11 04:16 PM
    Also, if anyone in the Detroit area wants a very good condition Sprint red Curve 8330 w/4GB microSDHC card w/Original box and manual and charger and headphones, selling for $40.00 RIGHT after I get my Sprint Bold 9930

If you get it from a Radio Shack, they will give u cash for it....I did that when I got my 8530 ...they gave me 50$ for my 8330 that didnt charge
    08-02-11 07:46 PM
    Sweet, thanks

08-02-11 07:59 PM
    Funniest thing Iv'e read in a while! My feelings exactly!
    08-03-11 06:53 AM
    LOL.

After seeing it for the first time then the longest wait in a long time for a phone, I think we all are ready some Sprint store some where.
    08-03-11 06:56 AM
    I called three different Sprint reps and call center, and unfortunatly they couldn't confim August 21st as the official BB Bold 9930 release date. One rep though couldn't confirm or deny, just said keep checking Sprint's coming soon section on their web site. She said some devices like the HTC Evo 4G was known almost 30 days before official release, while other devices may just have a week notice. Just hope that the SKU list Blaz1e had up was the real deal.

You should try today Lefty, there NDA's might now be lifted with all the released information today coming from BB and a lot more carriers. You might be able to get some info now.
    08-03-11 07:08 AM
    21st is a sunday. hmm... sprint might get it after that or maybe before
    Actually a Sunday wouldn't change anything. Last year the Style 9670 released on October 31, which was a Sunday. I know because I bought it that day and can't wait to get rid of it for the 9900.
    08-03-11 07:09 AM
    Sprint told me that Sunday releases are really not that uncommon...like the previous poster wrote, the Style 9670 was released on a Sunday. I just think it'll be odd to see BOTH BB Bold 9930 & Torch 9850 on the selves the same day. I don't care if all seven new BB devices were released that same day, I'm heading right to the Bold 9930 and getting that one. IMO the Bold 9900/9930 will be the top selling of all new BB devices, and I think the Torch 9850 will be the least selling device, too many Evo and Androids to compete with.

08-03-11 08:50 AM
    *stands up in lawn chair, stretches, takes random shot at Dan as he goes to the mailbox.* JIST LETTING YOU KNOW IM STILL HERE DAN!!!!
    08-03-11 09:04 AM
    I just hopped on Sprint to chat just to see if they would say anything, only thing that I got from them was the following:

You: Is the Bold 9930 in the system or any date for release?
    Jessica: Yes, we have a few new releases lined up and are expected to release soon, however, the releases and release dates are subject to change and I really would not be able to commit on the exact release date. I would recommend you to stay tuned to Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint for updates.
    You: Ok, thank you
    So, basically nothing new, but I figured I would just share it.
    08-03-11 09:12 AM
    And we can only hope that an announcement is made soon.
    08-03-11 09:18 AM
    *stands up in lawn chair, stretches, takes random shot at Dan as he goes to the mailbox.* JIST LETTING YOU KNOW IM STILL HERE DAN!!!!
    Great Shot. Give him another so he knows we mean Business!

08-03-11 09:19 AM
    I'm not going to lie here people, I just might have to call off work for this. I mean the months of anticipation, the nails bitten off, the frustrated scrolling of each "release date" thread has taken a toll. I'm going to need a couple of days alone in the dark with this thing if and when I finally get it.
    Last edited by JUSTQUAN2; 08-03-11 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Spelling... See, i've been waiting so long I can't even use spell check
    08-03-11 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD