Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Suggestions for resale value of Bold 9900 + accessories

Like many, I'm contemplating upgrading to the Z10. To fund the new phone, I'd likely sell my current setup. Carriers are offering trade-ins, but the offered amounts seem low, so I figured a better value may be gotten through Craigslist or the like.

I have the 9900, still quite functional with minor cosmetic wear. I also have the charging stand and the leather pocket pouch. Lastly I would throw in a 16GB MicroSD card.

I'm thinking of pricing this lot at about $250, given it's for a somewhat recent phone with useful accessories. Might this amount be too high, too low, or about right? I notice the same model is still selling new, outright, for $500+, so the pre-owned phone with extras could be a good buy at the suggested bundle price. Any thoughts?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,098 Global Posts

My honest opinion......first off....forget about the "new" price...most phones end up subsidized in North America...next, I was able to
    purchase 3 Bold 9900's in mint condition for gifts just before last Christmas. I paid on average $190 for each of them. For your
    package, I would say around $210 or so...maybe list it for 250, but be prepared to take around 200 for it.

Just my opinion and experience. Good luck.
    CrackBerry User

yeah i would say around $200. I can get a certified Pre-owned one in mint condition from verizon for $299. so used with some cosmetic wear. $200-$225 sounds about right.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grant.palin View Post
    Like many, I'm contemplating upgrading to the Z10. To fund the new phone, I'd likely sell my current setup. Carriers are offering trade-ins, but the offered amounts seem low, so I figured a better value may be gotten through Craigslist or the like.

I have the 9900, still quite functional with minor cosmetic wear. I also have the charging stand and the leather pocket pouch. Lastly I would throw in a 16GB MicroSD card.

I'm thinking of pricing this lot at about $250, given it's for a somewhat recent phone with useful accessories. Might this amount be too high, too low, or about right? I notice the same model is still selling new, outright, for $500+, so the pre-owned phone with extras could be a good buy at the suggested bundle price. Any thoughts?
    Sounds about right. I recently sold an unlocked BB9900 for about $250 on eBay.