I think what RIM needs to do is have it so you can turn the touch screen capability completely off.

That would make this phone awesome for me since I hate touch screens and dont want mistake presses.

now you suggest one
    [email protected] likes this.
    01-22-11 03:16 PM
    Hmmm... Good suggestion.

I guess I would say having a built in photo editor would be nice. The 3rd party apps I use on my Bold are ok, but it would be a nice bonus feature.

For more function I would suggest a built in compass. Always wanted one on my BB and it would help greatly with directions, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 06:36 PM
    I LOVE the touch screen. Coming from a Bold 9000, I'm amazed at how quickly I got addicted to the touch screen on the Torch. I just use the screen lock button, and I never have accidental hits. There's also a proximity sensor that turns the screen off when it's against your head for phone calls. I know for a fact I'd miss it if my next phone didn't have it.

As for suggestions, can't think of anything off the top of my head. The reason I went to the Torch was that I wanted a bigger display and better browser than the 9000 had. The Dakota is all of that plus the stuff I love about the torch, and I can easily see myself going back to that form factor.

01-23-11 02:47 PM
    the torch has about half an inch more in screen real eastate though.. 3.2 inches is like minimum for touch screens these days. 2.8 is pushing it..
    01-23-11 04:01 PM
    the torch has about half an inch more in screen real eastate though.. 3.2 inches is like minimum for touch screens these days. 2.8 is pushing it..
    I agree there - it still remains to be seen how well touch will work in a screen that size. I thinlk it will work, though maybe in a bit more limited way than on larger screens. I'd definitely give it a shot.

01-23-11 05:46 PM
    Front Facing Camera for video chatting/self portraits etc... and a built in photo editing capability...nothing too fancy though, leave the fancy editing up to the apps.
    (I just never could understand why RIM hasn't so much as included a crop, resize, rotate editing feature! *eye roll*)
    01-24-11 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD