Hello,

I am selling my blackberry bold 9900, so I wanted to back-up my contacts. Yesterday I installed Blackberry Desktop Software for Mac on my iMac. I backed up and there was no problem untill I tried to charge my phone. I plugged in my original wallcharger which charged my phone without any problems for the last two/three months. When I try to charge with a wall charger, the error "The charging source connected to your Blackberry device cannot charge your battery" pops-up.

Does charge when:
    - Plug inMicro USB cable in the iMac where I installed Blackberry Desktop Software
    - Desktop-charger (via contact points on the bottom)

Does not charge when:
    - Micro USB orginal adapter in wall
    - Micro USB orginal adapter from older blackberry
    - Micro USB HTC adapter
    - Original Blackberry Car charger
    - Micro USB cable in my Macbook or Windows 7 laptop. <------- this is even the most strange part

I installed Blackberry Desktop Software on my macbook today too (same OSX version as my iMac), but there my macbook doesnt recognize my phone when I plug in the USB cable. Same thing applies to Windows 7, I can connect by bluetooth but when I plug in my USB cable it doesnt recognize or charge it.

I think it is really strange, because there were no problems before I synchronized my contacts yesterday. To be clear: I can connect with my iMac but I can't connect with my macbook or Windows 7. So basically it means my blackberry wants to be charged in my iMac.

I already did the security wipe several times. My phone is completely empty now. I tried it with and without SIM, nothing works. My current firmware is 7.1 package 1149. I tried to downgrade it by Blackberry Desktop Software to 7.0 package 2406 but when I do that I get the following error: " Blackberry Desktop Software can't verify your device update" "Aborting install due to validation failure. Some packages contained unsatisfied dependencies" Below this error is an "OK" button and when you click it the downgrade stops.

I feel like i tried everything.. Can anybody please help me?
    05-22-12 06:52 AM
    When that happens to me, I leave the charger plugged in and then reboot the phone with alt-shift-del. Works every time for me.
    05-22-12 08:30 AM
    Thank you very much for the tip! Unfortunately, it doesn't solve the problem with my blackberry..
    05-22-12 08:42 AM
    Try to uninstall the BB desktop and clean up the registry then install the desktop again. hope it works. good luck

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    05-22-12 09:07 AM
    Thanks for your time BerryBin, unfortunately it doesn't work. I tried the steps from: How to Perform a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Forums Support Community on my Windows 7 laptop but it still doesnt connect. To be clear: it never connected to my windows before, I never put it on a computer till just yesterday on my iMac.

Anyway I appreciate your time and help!
    05-22-12 09:40 AM
    I would just bring it into your carrier and have them send it off for repair. It will come back like a new phone and may may it easier to sell.
    05-22-12 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD