OK. Am on my third 9930 (Sprint) and this time everything is working perfectly. The only thing is that suddenly my Blackberry App World dissapeared (even when I unhide icons. Same thing happened with Facebook. I downloaded App World from my computer and it was fine although it didn't seem to recognize any of my apps. I also downloaded Facebook from the internet.
    All was working fine until I went to App World and attempted to re-insta;; an App. The app re-installed but then my Facebook and Blackberry App dissapeared again!! Any thoughts?
    09-04-11 12:13 PM
    Wipe your OS and reinstall, or send it back. Sending it back is probably the easiest.
    DMD31842 likes this.
    09-04-11 12:17 PM
    Damn! How did I know you were going to say that! Hmmmm...may try the wipe and re-install. I am getting pretty good at that. Thanks for your quick response
    09-04-11 01:35 PM
    I have wiped my device so many times I am a pro now! I hope RIM puts out a smoother version soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-11 02:03 PM
    Wipe and re-install...wow...not something someone who is looking at dumping their Android phone wants to read. I guess I have to wonder and ask...you guys happy with having to do this and how often must you do this if you are a "pro" at this?

Happy Labor Day!
    09-04-11 05:28 PM
    It doesn't happen very often and usually cause of a bad install. I would not forgive a device that required constant wipes.
    09-04-11 05:42 PM
    Wipe and re-install...wow...not something someone who is looking at dumping their Android phone wants to read. I guess I have to wonder and ask...you guys happy with having to do this and how often must you do this if you are a "pro" at this?

Happy Labor Day!
    I just left android for the 9930 and yes there are some features I will miss but the features of the new bold ought weight them. Every day it just keeps getting better finding ways and apps to compete with my droid. The keyboard alone is awesome plus the ability to increase the font size was also big for me. Emails are instant now and the noticifitions are great.
    I will be able to have push to talk as soon as Verizon releases it. So for the most part I made a pretty good switch!

yauchunh and mud314 like this.
    09-04-11 05:48 PM
    I just left android for the 9930 and yes there are some features I will miss but the features of the new bold ought weight them. Every day it just keeps getting better finding ways and apps to compete with my droid. The keyboard alone is awesome plus the ability to increase the font size was also big for me. Emails are instant now and the noticifitions are great.
    I will be able to have push to talk as soon as Verizon releases it. So for the most part I made a pretty good switch!

Just received my replacement one, needs to send back. My send and return key is normal when not lighted, but once it is lighted i can see the led thru like a dot. did not use the phone at all, will request another one. Hope the third one is a keeper. Anyone has the experience to return the replacement one? Apparently I have to return it and request a new one after Rogers receive it.
    09-04-11 07:16 PM
    I hope you guys email RIM each time you have problems to tell them to stop this b/s of us struggling so much.
    09-04-11 08:19 PM
    My phone is finally settling down. I have re-installed App World and my usual Apps and all seems fine. Here's hoping.....but am still waiting for the next OS upgrade!
    09-05-11 04:22 AM

Happy Labor Day!
    Yep I am with you on that but sometimes that is the only choice.

But not on my SG2!
    09-05-11 07:02 AM
    Really??? You guys have that many issues with your phones? On the third one? You have to wipe your phones so much that you're a pro at it? What are you doing with your phones? There's much more to this that we don't know.

Sure every phone and device has issues, but you guys make it sound like it's a piece of junk. If you are having that many probs with it, then go get new different devices.

Oh, and take your droids and go to the droid forums.
    Last edited by josh3326; 09-05-11 at 07:43 AM.
    09-05-11 07:40 AM
    Working like a charm. I have no problem changing devices. My fault for ordering it on day one. Next BB change will be awhile after it comes out. In any event, the best BB yet and am glad I stuck with it!
    09-05-11 09:09 AM
    Get outta here you Samsung Troll! Go to the Samsung forums where you belong and stop posting your crap about your lovely Samsung S2 in every post you make!

If you are so in love with your Samsung S2, why the **** do you have to come here and tell us about it? We are not insterested in your POS Samsung that will have no resalve value in 6 months!
    The only thing that Sams have are their AMOLED screen beyond that, their phones are crap. Made out of cheap plastic, feel cheap because they are cheaply made. Admittedly right now I'm on the original moto droid but I have learned to really dislike Android. Now I have to worry about Android's malware because of their alleged "open source" policy. I call BS on that front. That's why I am now looking at coming back to BB or the iPhone. Personally I don't like the iPhone.
    09-05-11 09:48 AM
    I've had my 9930 for 2 weeks now. I have the same disappearing issue. I also have strange things that happen with quick launch. I installed it, registered it, and a few hours later it tells me "invalid license". My BeBuzz, looses all of it's settings, and I have to manually put them all back because the backup will say it's invalid.

BBM wont let me get my PIN contacts from my email. It tells me the email address is not valid, but it's registered with the email server and I can send and receive email from it.

Thoughts?

Where is the program to do a complete wipe? I have one that I used on my 9630 (the name of the program fails me right now) I'm not sure that would work on this model. Any Thoughts of where I can get one compatible?
    11-01-11 08:36 AM
    you know what pisses me off? the fact that after paying $250 for this device on a 2yr agreement, I have to plug/unplug a few times to get a full charge, it rebooted out of the blue twice or three times so far, sometimes when it's in screen lock and I press a key it doesn't react in any way, battery barely lasts until 10PM if I unplug at 8AM with medium usage, sometimes I can't scroll through threaded SMS, it takes forever to connect to the PC via USB to use Desktop Manager (again numerous plug/unplug), calls dropped and SMS/BBM not sent or taking forever to send (It is partly Sprint's fault but the device has issues too because my previous 8330 had fewer send/receive issues).
    If this is what RIM calls their flagship device, I don't want to know what are the issues with a a low end one

<end rant> there, I've vented!
    11-01-11 09:34 AM
    I've had my 9930 for 2 weeks now. I have the same disappearing issue. I also have strange things that happen with quick launch. I installed it, registered it, and a few hours later it tells me "invalid license". My BeBuzz, looses all of it's settings, and I have to manually put them all back because the backup will say it's invalid.

BBM wont let me get my PIN contacts from my email. It tells me the email address is not valid, but it's registered with the email server and I can send and receive email from it.

Thoughts?

Where is the program to do a complete wipe? I have one that I used on my 9630 (the name of the program fails me right now) I'm not sure that would work on this model. Any Thoughts of where I can get one compatible?
    look for BBSAK or BB MCP do a full wipe and when it reboots and gives you a 507 error screen open Desktop manager, choose the update option and follow the onscreen instructions.

When you restore your setting/contacts, just restore the stuff you really need like your phone book, profile, sound setting and things, dont restore app permissions and u rpobably wont have issues.

I find that due to the incompatibility in some settings over the new os and new phone vs whatever you had before the phone gets messed up.
    11-01-11 02:12 PM
    @LuVJuGGs

Thank you for the name of the software. I know how to do it from my original storm and my 9630 but I couldn't remember BBSAK...

I think alot of my problem was when I moved all my setttings and "stuff" from my 9630 to this one... I should have just done contacts and did all the settings myself...

thanks again
    11-01-11 04:22 PM
    Sorry to say but Kevin and his post about os7 has merit...Very weird stuff going on with app world, wipe, reload is a total joke for someone who shells out good cash for a new phone...RIM should have fixed this crap in os6
    11-01-11 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD