Is anything confirmed yet? I think I heard rumors of it being 7.2. I do know that BB compression is good. I also know att is not 100% up with their 14.4 upgrades. But if they only have 7.2 mbps I will be upset. HSPA is not the future for the next 2 years of a contract. I hope it's 14.4 like the torch 2.

;ust my $.02

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 10:59 AM
    I VOTE FOR HSPA+

The rumors for the Torch are HSPA+ I really hope this will have it!
    02-23-11 05:50 PM
    It'd be nice but not a deal breaker for me.

02-23-11 07:57 PM
    While BB continues to truncate our email and compress our web data, faster connection speeds are somewhat moot for alot of activities. I wish that was not so, but life in the BB world it is. I'm betting 14.4 BTW for sales spec sheets.
    02-25-11 04:07 PM
    Emails are truncated? How so exactly? Compressed attachments or what?? Thks.

02-25-11 08:10 PM
    While BB continues to truncate our email and compress our web data, faster connection speeds are somewhat moot for alot of activities. I wish that was not so, but life in the BB world it is. I'm betting 14.4 BTW for sales spec sheets.
    how would it be moot? faster downloads for apps, mms, and web pages, assuming the os can keep up.

its not a deal breaker for me, but it would be disappointing as tmo is making a huge push for 4g. it would really suck when everyone is getting 42mbps or 84mbps and im stuck on 7. lol
    02-26-11 01:00 AM
    how would it be moot? faster downloads for apps, mms, and web pages, assuming the os can keep up.

its not a deal breaker for me, but it would be disappointing as tmo is making a huge push for 4g. it would really suck when everyone is getting 42mbps or 84mbps and im stuck on 7. lol
    That's my main concern. Even if RIM compresses some of the data, there HAS to be a speed difference between 3.6 my 9700 has now, and 14.4 or 21! And after a new 2 yr contract, LTE will almost be mainstream with phones, and the rollouts would be rolling along nicely.

We shall see....
    02-26-11 11:21 AM
    Thats the problem....OS6.1 will kill the potential of this phone
    Explain how would OS 6.1 will kill the potential?
    Pearl9100 likes this.
    02-26-11 10:40 PM
    Emails are truncated? How so exactly? Compressed attachments or what?? Thks.

You must never get email chains and use your BB for work if you don't understand the pain of truncated email. Its something a lot of us have whined about for some time and want BB to change.

As for the web thing, it's not a device or browser limitation, it's Blackberry. The Torch has a good browser but is painfully slow to load pages due to not being directly connected to the web. I don't see how the handset being connected to a faster connection will help that lag of sending a request to BB, BB pulling the page and getting it to your device that we have to endure.
    02-27-11 07:54 AM
    Im not sure what truncated email is either, but basically I guess they are saying no matter how fast the network, it doesn't matter if the browser itself takes too long to render/display the page.

So he is saying, unless 6.1 is faster or has smoother transitions or maybe uses prior history to somehow do what the older versions have not done, it makes no difference...maybe except for calls.
    02-28-11 04:00 PM
    Huh, and I thought he was saying that it's RIM's servers and system in between you and the net that slows it down.
    02-28-11 04:54 PM
    Is anything confirmed yet? I think I heard rumors of it being 7.2. I do know that BB compression is good. I also know att is not 100% up with their 14.4 upgrades. But if they only have 7.2 mbps I will be upset. HSPA is not the future for the next 2 years of a contract. I hope it's 14.4 like the torch 2.

;ust my $.02

Yes. I hope its at least up it to 14.4 or higher. If anyone else has any update, would much appreciate it.
    04-05-11 05:25 PM
    If the Torch 2 is rumoured as "Tri-band HSPA 14.4Mbps" I think it would be a very safe assumption that the Dakota would be running the same chipset (as the 9780 and 9800 currently do).
    04-05-11 05:39 PM
    So i guess i won't be able to run Tmo's 42mbps HSPA+...
    04-06-11 08:39 AM
    Huge fail for RIM if they don't support this.
    04-06-11 11:54 AM
    It seems the Torch 2 will have 14.4mbps HSPA+, i am thinking the bold touch will have the same radio.
    04-08-11 10:02 AM
    04-08-11 01:03 PM
    And....5.76 HSUPA. Impressive.
    04-08-11 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD