I've noticed, in the past week, that some of my keys aren't working as well as they used to. Either that, or I keep mistyping the same few things.

1) Space bar. Sometimes it doesn't insert a space at all, leaving my sentences allstucktogether!

2) B. Same as above, doesn't insert the letter. (including !)

3) N. Inserts itself twice when I've only clicked once.

It's really annoying me, since my productivity has decreased due to having to backspace all the time to correct the mistakes. Including having to try 2-4 attempts to get past the password screen.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Does anyone else have these problems?
    03-13-12 08:27 PM
    Can you contact your CS? It looks like it may be Hardware.
    03-13-12 08:29 PM
    The Letter Z skips once in a while too now.

I was hoping it was something more manageable than having to send my phone back.
    03-14-12 04:43 PM
    Another fix, it seems brutal but it worked when I have double press on my spacebar.
    Press it in really hard. Not hard enough to break anything. Just hard. Sometimes it works.
    03-14-12 04:46 PM
    Yes, i have noticed that. I would have to press the key 2-3 times for it to work. The most notorious ones are B/! and spacebar.

I never had this problem on the 9000. Weird.
    03-14-12 04:51 PM
    Well, I would say it were a hardware defect, too. All of the errors are occurring in the bottom rows.
    03-14-12 06:11 PM
    This is a hardware issue and you should get an exchange for the phone under the warranty.
    03-14-12 06:20 PM
    Thanks guys. I'll call Rogers later this week.

Really bummed though, I only got this phone 5-6 weeks ago. And I love the PIN#. *sigh*
    03-14-12 08:54 PM
    Thanks guys. I'll call Rogers later this week.

Really bummed though, I only got this phone 5-6 weeks ago. And I love the PIN#. *sigh*
    Oh well, I had to go through 3 phones during the very first week with Telus due to hardware defects. Even CrackBerry app store run by Mobihand blocked me from changing my PIN for app registration because they might have suspected fraud. I had send them an email with a long explanation to unlock my account.

RIM really need to get hold of their quality control system.
    03-14-12 09:21 PM
    RIM really need to get hold of their quality control system.
    Ugh I know, right? I never had any hardware problems with my older 9000 and 9800.

I'm starting to notice the keys only stick at CERTAIN TIMES. I'm going to try to pinpoint WHEN EXACTLY it starts to stick.
    03-14-12 11:02 PM
    03-15-12 04:59 AM
    I've noticed, in the past week, that some of my keys aren't working as well as they used to. Either that, or I keep mistyping the same few things.

1) Space bar. Sometimes it doesn't insert a space at all, leaving my sentences allstucktogether!

It's really annoying me, since my productivity has decreased due to having to backspace all the time to correct the mistakes. Including having to try 2-4 attempts to get past the password screen.

Hahaha I hate to laugh but I replaced my phone after this issue. Its crap that we have to keep replacing. I'm on my 4th 9930 and issue started again but only with one key. Kinda annoying. The iphone doesn't have this issue lolz
    03-15-12 05:36 AM
    This happens to me but a battery pull always works. It it still doesn't work swap it out under warranty.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-15-12 07:36 AM
    I am getting double "a" sometimes out of the blue. Just started happening.
    03-15-12 07:56 AM
    I agree RIM has quality control issues. I went thru 3 9930's in the first week before I found one with no hardware problems. I would take it back now and swap it out for a replacement.
    postflight likes this.
    03-15-12 07:57 AM
    Hahaha I hate to laugh but I replaced my phone after this issue. Its crap that we have to keep replacing. I'm on my 4th 9930 and issue started again but only with one key. Kinda annoying. The iphone doesn't have this issue lolz
    hahaha touchscreen doesnt have keys!

@cwoodffr I get double Ms and double Ns a lot too... And started out of the blue as well. Barely 6 weeks old, this 9900.

@ESN I think you might be right about the battery pull. Must observe a bit longer to confirm.
    03-15-12 09:30 PM

I started having problems with a couple of letters sometimes not working or having to mash them down for them to work.
    It was driving me crazy cause one of the letters was to unlock the phone.

what I ended up doing that worked on my Bold 9900 is to remove the keyboard and
    clean it. NOTE: before you attempt this make sure your phone is totally out of warranty, cause there is a
    seal on top of one of the screws that has to be broken to remove keyboard. You will also need
    a special T5 screw driver. Search YOUTUBE for "Blackberry Bold 9900 / 9930 How to Disassemble / Take Apart / Teardown " - there are some excellent
    videos.

I cleaned it with an exacto blade and compressed air. I did not end up removing the
    keyboard from the phone but worked on it with the ribbon cable still attached.

Very CAREFULLY with the exacto you can slightly tilt up the keys VERY DELICATELY and with the compressed air blow underneath the keys.
    ( Clean one at a time and push down on each one to make sure they are still secure and functioning)

When I finished I pushed down on the ribbon cable connectors to make sure nothing came loose, and also made sure the 2 T5 sliver screws
    that hold down the keyboard were nice and tight.

[ It was definitely not software related.]

I suspect in my case that some of the silver coating on the keyboard ribs that kept coming off
    might have contributed to the non responsive keys or "sticky keys". Maybe even sand or grime? Maybe just
    a lose ribbon connector? maybe the keyboard screws were coming lose? or just the keys needed to be tilted?

What ever the case - what I mentioned above worked for me and I am so happy my keys are working perfect again.

Hope this helps someone else out.
    11-16-12 09:35 PM
    11-16-12 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD