This is probably a non-issue, but I happened to notice something strange on my 9900. I held the phone up to my ear when not on a call, just on the home screen. The ear piece constantly makes a high pitch squeel noise. Calls are clear, speaker phone is clear, everthing works, just makes that constant noise at all other times. I checked my wifes 9800, and a 9700, neither of which make this noise. My biggest concern is the negative effect this would have to battery life, and my battery lasts me a day and a half, medium use I'd say. Anyone else have that noise? Can't hear it till the phone is right up to my ear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 11:08 PM
    I dont think I would worry about it. My phone doesnt do it, But it seems like your getting pretty good battery life so I wouldnt worry about it draining your battery. If it really bothers you you can try exchanging it, however I would fear receiving a phone that has something else I dont like even more than what I didnt like about the first phone. But I wish you all the best and hope whatever you do works out for you! Take Care!
    09-07-11 12:08 AM
    Yeah, totally not worried about it, just curious if anyone else has the same thing, or if its unique to mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 12:20 AM
    Well, I'd be concerned if my earpiece squealed! Have you tried the usual easy stuff like battery pull, possibly reinstall the OS or upgrade it? Sounds like it might be hardware related and if it is you want to get it replaced within the 14 day / 30 minute talk time with Telus.
    09-07-11 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD