Does anyone know of a way to get the spotify app on the Bold 9930? I love spotify and it annoys the hell out of me that its only been released for GSM phones. If anyone knows a workaround or if spotify plans on releasing a CDMA version in the future please let me know.
    04-16-13 01:06 PM
    I have a Sprint Bold 9930 and just did a search for spotify in BBW and did not find the app. This is a main point for me even getting a BB10 anytime soon. NO popular usable apps! Seems BlackBerry can be at least a year and a half behind other platforms, and some people will make excuses for this and put thier heads in the sand. Get your sh#t together soon BlackBerry!
    04-16-13 01:20 PM
    Yeah seriously. What really bugs me though is that the spotify app for blackberry does exist, its just currently only available for GSM devices! I'm hoping there is some work around available because I'm a paying spotify subscriber and I'd like my music on the go. I know rdio is available but the app is pretty poor in my opinion and I don't like the service that much. I want to email spotify to ask if they plan on updating the app but I can't even find a support email on the website...
    04-16-13 02:22 PM
    I have a Sprint Bold 9930 and just did a search for spotify in BBW and did not find the app. This is a main point for me even getting a BB10 anytime soon. NO popular usable apps! Seems BlackBerry can be at least a year and a half behind other platforms, and some people will make excuses for this and put thier heads in the sand. Get your sh#t together soon BlackBerry!
    I think this is due to carrier. Have you tried to load the app using OTA .jad file? See if you can get the file from someone else and try loading directly.

Do you guys pay for Spotify service?
    Even on 9900 it requires premium.
    I wouldn't mind paying but does it allow you to store all your music online?

Since it is not available, did you guys find a replacement or similar service?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 �Slow CB App�
    04-20-13 11:03 AM
    I've tried loading the ota and it gives me a device not supported error. I'm wondering if there is some way to get around it. And yes, I currently have a premium account and it allows you to load all of your matched songs for online playback. At this point I might just consider switching to Rdio which seems to be a similar service and has a decent looking blackberry app.
    04-21-13 05:48 PM
    I've tried loading the ota and it gives me a device not supported error. I'm wondering if there is some way to get around it. And yes, I currently have a premium account and it allows you to load all of your matched songs for online playback. At this point I might just consider switching to Rdio which seems to be a similar service and has a decent looking blackberry app.

I heard about Hybrid OS, maybe a developer of one can somehow create it to identify the device as 9900 instead of 9930..
    04-22-13 12:11 AM