Ive noticed that one time i turned on the flash, it restarted the phone. But yesterday i used it and it didnt restart. I even use the light on the video camera.

I googled about it and found that its because of the battery? Which can be true for me cause i bougght this phone used.

But if its not the battery and is a software issue, what should i do? The os is only on ..197 and im afraid of updating it since i dont know what os to use.
    04-07-14 08:39 AM
    I am not sure what BlackBerr are you using, but on my wife's long dead 9780, this was an issue. Turns out that there were two culprits

1) battery (partially correct)
    2) the power IC. replacing this was exactly more than USD100 (I was quoted RM500), more than enough to buy a curve 3G back then. This was in 2012.

If you ever are able to go and get the power IC examined, chances are you may need to repair it. It is still a gamble because its embedded.
    04-07-14 10:09 AM
    I am not sure what BlackBerr are you using, but on my wife's long dead 9780, this was an issue. Turns out that there were two culprits

1) battery (partially correct)
    2) the power IC. replacing this was exactly more than USD100 (I was quoted RM500), more than enough to buy a curve 3G back then. This was in 2012.

If you ever are able to go and get the power IC examined, chances are you may need to repair it. It is still a gamble because its embedded.
    I use bold 9930.
    I noticed when it restarts back, the battery gets depleted.

Im so mad. Like it was ok before what the hell did i do.
    04-07-14 10:20 AM
    I heard people were having the issue when they were taking photos and the battery was near empty.

The flash took so much power that the device didn't have enough power which caused it to shut down.

Usually caused by a battery that isn't holding a charge very well, but could be a regular battery near empty.

I've never had a 9900 or 9930 so I don't know first hand, just from what I've heard in the forums.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 10:38 AM
    I use bold 9930.
    I noticed when it restarts back, the battery gets depleted.

Im so mad. Like it was ok before what the hell did i do.
    Did you change chargers, or attempted charge with a 3rd party charger when that happened?
    04-07-14 10:59 AM
    Well it already happened once when the seller gave it to me. It happened just once then it was ok. I did charge it with a different charger but I don't think it was the reason.
    What bothers me is how it was ok before (or at least it only happens rarely). If its always like that then its more acceptable.
    04-07-14 11:14 AM
    How old is that battery? Replace it.
    04-07-14 11:22 AM
    How old is that battery? Replace it.
    Maybe old cause i bought it used. Is that the cause? The battery? Not software?
    04-07-14 08:31 PM
    I read that you should try to plug the phone to a charger and test the flash..
    i did and it still restarted!

So im guessing this isnt a power problem?
    04-07-14 10:19 PM
    I read that you should try to plug the phone to a charger and test the flash..
    i did and it still restarted!

So im guessing this isnt a power problem?
    When it was plugged in, was the battery low? Try using the flash while it's plugged in with a full battery. Chances are it's a battery problem though.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 11:33 PM
    Uhh.. I don't know t was kinda low I think I tested it with charger plugged in. Then it restarted then I noticed the battery bar got higher instantly when it booted up. I waited a few minutes, tested it and still the same. Now its fully charged and ill try it again with the charger plugged in.

If it is a battery problem then maybe ill buy a new battery but I'm afraid it will still happen with a new battery.

Also, what I was wondering about is how the flash was ok yesterday. (But also happened once or twice)
    04-08-14 12:10 AM
    Ok I just plugged it in the charger with full battery. Tested the flash. It didn't restart!

So can we confirm that this is a battery problem. No software issue?
    04-08-14 12:34 AM
    Either battery or the power IC chip.

Posted via CB on BB10
    04-08-14 05:41 AM