I just received a new 9930 (was supposed to be a 9900 and also was supposed to be unlocked which it isn't) from Amazon. I have to say that so far, I absolutely love this phone!

Some questions:
    1) Is it possible to unlock it?
    2) Can you use this phone to tether your computer to it? I want to end my Cox cable service and go with Sprint just so I have one less bill to pay. Sprint says they have no app for Blackberry so I can't tether.
    3) This phone is a 9930 Verizon. Will It work with Sprint?
    4) Do I have to unlock it from Verizon to work with Sprint?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

I'm a big Apple fan but I really think this is one of the best phones ever, and I've only had it about a day!
    09-10-15 07:46 PM
    I just received a new 9930 (was supposed to be a 9900 and also was supposed to be unlocked which it isn't) from Amazon. I have to say that so far, I absolutely love this phone!

Some questions:
    1) Is it possible to unlock it?
    2) Can you use this phone to tether your computer to it? I want to end my Cox cable service and go with Sprint just so I have one less bill to pay. Sprint says they have no app for Blackberry so I can't tether.
    3) This phone is a 9930 Verizon. Will It work with Sprint?
    4) Do I have to unlock it from Verizon to work with Sprint?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

I'm a big Apple fan but I really think this is one of the best phones ever, and I've only had it about a day!
    Glad you like ur 9930.

1) it can be unlocked. At a price from some online shops or even free from some members of the forum. Just check the unlocking section.
    2) it can "tether" via WiFi Hotspot
    3 &4) yes the Verizon should be able to work at sprint once it's unlocked. I'm not sure of the bands if they'll all work 100% but they're both CDMA so should be no problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 08:42 PM
    Thanks teostar...
    09-11-15 06:57 AM
    Don't tell Sprint you're tethering unless you want to pay extra. You can tether it using an app called Tether (there's a charge for the app) or another app which I don't have anymore so I don't remember the name. They both worked. You can also tether via usb cable which drains the battery more slowly.

I don't think wifi hotspot works with Sprint - at least, I never got it to work. These apps can also tether via Bluetooth, though.
    09-12-15 10:09 AM
    Couple more questions.
    1) I'm running 7.0.0.5.9.8. The phone is an ATT phone running on T-mobile How do I update the OS? (I downloaded the Mac OSX blackberry desktop software thinking I'll need it for this).
    2) How can you tell what the manufacturing date is of your phone?
    3) Do I get the latest update from Blackberry? I see there is an update here from Claro Argentina. Is this update much better than the last BB update?

Thanks in advance to all who answer.
    09-17-15 06:05 PM
    Couple more questions.
    1) I'm running 7.0.0.5.9.8. The phone is an ATT phone running on T-mobile How do I update the OS? (I downloaded the Mac OSX blackberry desktop software thinking I'll need it for this).
    2) How can you tell what the manufacturing date is of your phone?
    3) Do I get the latest update from Blackberry? I see there is an update here from Claro Argentina. Is this update much better than the last BB update?

Thanks in advance to all who answer.
    1) Check out this: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    2) Your's was new in package, right? I thought either my box label or inside the phone had a mfg date
    3) I personally like to read release notes and try a few versions to see what works best for me, but I've stayed on the last VZW release (see sig) with no real issues.
    09-17-15 11:10 PM
    1) Tether. Yes Wifi Tether is great. But remember "unlimited" doesn't mean "unlimited tether"

2) "Unlock" ($1 on ebay) (and remember. "Unlock" means your "verizon or sprint phone will be able to be used on AT&T or T-mobile" NOT that your phone will be able to go from verizon TO sprint (or vise versa))
    09-18-15 11:18 AM
    1) Check out this: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    2) Your's was new in package, right? I thought either my box label or inside the phone had a mfg date
    3) I personally like to read release notes and try a few versions to see what works best for me, but I've stayed on the last VZW release (see sig) with no real issues.
    Thanks Cainamzak.

Unfortunately, I bricked it trying to update it before reading your reply. It now blinks twice every second or so. At the moment, I have no idea what to do. I did back it up but the restore option is grayed out.

I used my Mac to update it. I booted into Windows 7 so it was 100% PC and used the Blackberry Desktop Software to update it. It saw that there was a newer version and started to download and install. And then it bricked.
    09-18-15 01:50 PM
    Try this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tested-830052/

I had the same problem as you, but I decided to use another method installing BBSAK, a wipe and new os installation.
    Works incredible well for me. Using PC, no Mac.
    09-19-15 05:33 AM
    Try this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tested-830052/

I had the same problem as you, but I decided to use another method installing BBSAK, a wipe and new os installation.
    Works incredible well for me. Using PC, no Mac.
    I have no idea what to do with it as I can't communicate with it. Luckily I bought two of these phones at the same time so I put the sim from the bricked phone into the other one. But I want to fix this phone.

I also downloaded the ATT update for it from Blackberry. It's a .exe file. What are you supposed to do with the .exe file, double-click on it while your blackberry is connected and it does the rest?
    09-19-15 07:51 AM
    Anybody know if you can use the speaker phone and at the same time, output the callers voice out of the earphone jack and into your car's speakers (via the audio cable)?
    09-30-15 08:00 PM