I've googled and searched and can't seem to find anything that references the solid Blue LED and what it means....

This is what happened:

Phone died.

1 hour and half later, plugged phone into wall charger. Blue light came on, stayed solid.

45 mins later, went to turn on phone, would not power up. Blue light still on.

Unplugged phone from charger, blue light still on.

Did several battery pulls - each time battery put back in, blue light comes on, phone won't power up.

Connected phone to laptop (Mac), upgraded desktop manager software

When phone is plugged into laptop, blue LED lights up brighter

BDM recognizes that something is connected, but says it cannot connect to my BB (or something of the sort). It gives me the option to retry, or repair.

I click repair, get prompted to install one of the latest 3 OS 7's ....

I've tried choosing the recommended OS 7, the one before that, and now the one before that, and each time can only get half way until I get:
    "BlackBerry� Desktop Software failed to install your device software."

During the attempted repair, when it hangs up on "Waiting for device to initialize" , I suspect that my phone is trying to re-boot itself... The LED light turns purple for about 3 seconds (which I'm assuming is the Red light mixed with the blue that won't shut off), then goes back to blue, and then I hear the tiny "click" sound of the phone, kind of like the sound of a speaker shutting off...

And then it gets stuck in that cycle until I do a battery pull....

Is my phone completely dead? Is this a bricked or nuked BB? From info I can find online, everything refers to a red LED or a white screen with hourglass - I have neither......

I also have a Mac, no PC's in this house, so am not able to get into the files for BDM....

Any solutions?
    09-04-12 09:53 PM
    Sounds pretty fatal IMO. Have you tried using bbsak to wipe what's left of an os on your phone then try to install another?

Sent using Tapatalk
    09-04-12 11:00 PM
    bbsak is a windows program right? no i haven't tried it, I don't have a PC with windows on it... only Mac
    09-04-12 11:14 PM
    The blue light usually denotes bluetooth. Why it's stuck on, I have no idea, but I would start with the "how to recover a nuked bb" tutorial. There are many methods and threads to help you do that.
    09-04-12 11:26 PM
    thanks,
    I never have bluetooth enabled, so not sure why the light would come on at all....

as for how to recover a nuked bb - I know there are many threads about it, but as mentioned before, it seems that all the methods require a PC? Is there a way to do with a mac that I haven't come across?
    09-04-12 11:37 PM
    I found this. I hope it works for you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...ry-mac-336488/
    09-04-12 11:55 PM
    You are kind of stranded a lot of times with a Mac and blackberry combo. Only reason I keep my old busted pc around is for my blackberry stuff.

Sent using Tapatalk
    09-05-12 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD