Well this certainly is "good" news of sorts. Looks like the Bold 9930 is sold out on Sprint.com for the time being. I haven't seen a phone sold out like this (excluding crappy phones and EOL's) on Sprint's site since the EVO 4G launch last year. I'll be picking mine up September 9th, when they drop the Non-Camera model (work requirement).

Anyhow, check out the attached screenshot. So much for Blackberry being dead, guess again.
    09-03-11 12:12 AM
    Embedded pic for mobile users:

purijagmohan likes this.
    09-03-11 12:20 AM
    i believe it i cant wait!
    09-03-11 12:31 AM
    I was so upset because I wanted to order one today. I chatted with customer service online and he ordered one for me! :-) I'm excited!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 01:12 AM
    wow! thats good and bad...bad for those who want it...good for RIM
    09-03-11 10:38 AM
    But this phone isnt 4g on sprint. Correct?
    09-03-11 10:44 AM
    It's potentially good news but without further data it is inconclusive what it really means. Does anyone know how many units Sprint actually had? I know in the past many carriers stock fewer BlackBerrys than other phones because they don't expect them to sell as well.
    09-03-11 10:45 AM
    no 4G on sprint...go to tmobile and get "wannabe" 4G lol
    09-03-11 10:46 AM
    Awesome news, hopefully it entices devs to push out more great apps. I love my Sprint 9930!
    09-03-11 01:09 PM
    Well that's good news for RIM, bad news for me lol. This is going to be my first blackberry device, switching from android and I'm waiting for it to restock online since my local sprint dealer is out. Oh wells, I can wait I guess

09-03-11 01:38 PM
    I got the last 9930 at my local Sprint retailer as well last night. Good signs?
    09-03-11 01:59 PM
    I bought mine thursday night. They only had 3 left.

09-03-11 03:01 PM
    My Verizon store only had a few left. They were on display in the front and the rep has one for personal use that he was eager to show.
    09-03-11 07:36 PM
    It's potentially good news but without further data it is inconclusive what it really means. Does anyone know how many units Sprint actually had? I know in the past many carriers stock fewer BlackBerrys than other phones because they don't expect them to sell as well.
    I completely agree that it doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot without more data. For all we know, Sprint could have only purchased 1000 devices, and thus run out. All we can assume is that demand has at least been higher than initial expectations.
    09-03-11 08:13 PM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I was the first in Toronto August 10th with the Bold 9900 ... its truly amazing!! ... I have already used it on business trips throughout Europe and Asia .. no problems at all!

its worth waiting for .. no doubt! You will be amazed by it!
    09-03-11 08:26 PM
    I just left 2 stores - Sold Out.... Sold out Online and they have no idea when they will be getting more in! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    09-08-11 01:06 PM
    Pretty funny that BGR is posting stories about how these new BB7 phones are hardly selling at all yet every day there are more and more stores reportedly selling out.
    09-08-11 06:28 PM
    It is selling... trust. Can't say how much we had, but the sales for the 9930 has been real good.

Sent using my Photon 4G via Sprint
    09-08-11 06:36 PM
    I can't believe I would have to wait another 2-4 weks which is what I read 1 place online....

09-08-11 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD