So for all my fellow AT&T slaves....who here is actually going to wait for the 9900 to drop in, oh let us say month and half. Or go out next sunday and grab a Galaxy S2?

I personally am going to check out the new GS2. I want to see that screen, and see how fast it is. I am currently using my HTC Inspire, but I miss the old physical qwerty keyboard. I got to play with a 9930 at a Verizon store, which I was impressed with very much. But then again...Android might pull me away from BB.... Too bad they didn't release it when everyone else did...they are only going to be 3 months late...

But like I asked...who will wait? I am still unsure...
    09-26-11 12:13 AM
    At&t is killing the buzz of the 9900 by the time it gets out people will loose interest in it! But on the other side people who really want it have it already!

Sent from my Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    YourMobileGuru and joju58 like this.
    09-26-11 12:22 AM
    I've been waiting - and after reading that its gonna be delayed even longer, Im am goin to check out Verizon & TMob tomorrow to see what they have to offer. I'd hate to lose my unlimited data, but Im tired of waiting and I dont know anyone in Canada to get me a Rogers.
    09-26-11 12:26 AM
    i already gave in and changed from att to verizon.i bought my 9930 thurs .love it.
    09-26-11 01:08 AM
    I'm still waiting for my Carrier (Telstra Oz) to release it. They're saying mid october but who really knows. It's been released for almost a month on an inferior network so not keen to sign with them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 02:33 AM
    I figure by week's end, I will have picked up a 9930 from Verizon. After 30 days of making sure everything goes fine with the device and Verizon, I will port my AT&T number to it, and bite the bullet and pay my ETF with AT&T.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-26-11 06:00 AM
    Although I'm not an ATT customer they're waiting for the iPhone5 to hype! BlackBerrys according to my observation aren't on top of their lists are they?
    09-26-11 06:22 AM
    *raises hand*

Im (im)patiently waiting for At&t to release the 9900. I've been out of contract going on 6 months now...just waiting...waiting...and waiting

Luckily, no other phone has been on my radar and my scratched up, constant sound problem and battery pull 8900 is still going strong, lol

I know the rumor has is that Nov 20th is the date, but Im really hoping that its not true.

I've thought about switching carriers, but I actually like At&t and receive discounts.....so I guess I will continue to wait
    09-26-11 09:35 AM
    *raises hand*

Im (im)patiently waiting for At&t to release the 9900. I've been out of contract going on 6 months now...just waiting...waiting...and waiting

Luckily, no other phone has been on my radar and my scratched up, constant sound problem and battery pull 8900 is still going strong, lol

I know the rumor has is that Nov 20th is the date, but Im really hoping that its not true.

I've thought about switching carriers, but I actually like At&t and receive discounts.....so I guess I will continue to wait
    I am in the same exact situation. My 8900 is still going strong with its Otterbox Defender case that covers its scratches lol. Out of contract since July and receive discounts. T-mobile would be cheaper by $10/month but not sure if I want to switch. Sprint would cost the same but unsure if I want a CDMA phone. Love my SIM and I aim to travel outside the US (even Canada) at least once in the next two years.

Part of the reason I am waiting is the high cost of the 9900 right now. I am looking to pay less than $200. So I figured by November whether I change companies or not, all of them would have dropped prices or have some sort of seasonal sale (Black Friday?)/Amazon deal that would bring the 9900 to less than $199. So, lucky for AT&T, the phone costs too much on the current carries to make me switch. So I can't say I am patiently waiting, but I am waiting.
    09-26-11 11:12 AM
    Patience is about the only remaining virtue for me. My upgrade is due Nov 21. If the 9900 is out earlier then fine. If not then a Canadian friend may be on my call list. The Android and I-phones do not tempt me at all.
    09-26-11 11:20 AM
    I am in the same exact situation. My 8900 is still going strong with its Otterbox Defender case that covers its scratches lol. Out of contract since July and receive discounts. T-mobile would be cheaper by $10/month but not sure if I want to switch. Sprint would cost the same but unsure if I want a CDMA phone. Love my SIM and I aim to travel outside the US (even Canada) at least once in the next two years.

Part of the reason I am waiting is the high cost of the 9900 right now. I am looking to pay less than $200. So I figured by November whether I change companies or not, all of them would have dropped prices or have some sort of seasonal sale (Black Friday?)/Amazon deal that would bring the 9900 to less than $199. So, lucky for AT&T, the phone costs too much on the current carries to make me switch. So I can't say I am patiently waiting, but I am waiting.
    Some of the prices on other carriers are a little high, but if you buy through LetsTalk.com u can score some huge discounts.

My mouse hovered over the "Submit Order" a few times on the site when they offered it through Verizon for about $119 after discounts. I didn't give in because reality set in, and I realized that Verizon's plans cost waaay too much.

I just wish At&t would give up on that stupid Torch and put the 9900 out already! Geez!!

If my 8900 crapped out on me, I would prob give up At&t altogether though (contradiction, I know). I just feel like Im not really in a position where I need to switch over to get the phone.

I am sick of this 8900 though...stupid trackBALL
    09-26-11 12:13 PM
    Maybe ATT is waiting to release the Bold 9790
    09-26-11 12:17 PM
    I have 5 lines locked to AT&T with only 1 that is able to upgrade in November. So I couldn't wait I purchased one off of eBay that is unbranded and unlocked. It works great. I think I am going to sell it once I the 9790 comes out. I had the 9700 then the 9780 I really liked the size of those. So once the 9790 comes out I will be in blackberry heaven. I don't like apple they are toys, and android phones are huge and have very bad battery life. So I am blackberry queen forever. I just want the 9790 like now
    09-26-11 12:25 PM
    I'll say it again:

Rollover minutes
    Grandfathered unlimited data
    Simultaneous voice/data

If it weren't for these 3 factors, bye-bye.
    psiclne likes this.
    09-26-11 12:47 PM
    I had an upgrade, but I messed up and got the Torch. The Torch was so terri-bad that I had to downgrade/spend my upgrade on a 9700. I went from a Torch to Torch 2.
    mlengel81 likes this.
    09-26-11 12:49 PM
    I'll say it again:

Rollover minutes
    Simultaneous voice/data

I thought about that too, but...

I have over 3,000 rollover mins I NEVER use
    Gave up unlimited data because I was using less than 200mb/month
    Simultaneous voice/data for me too though....even though it seems like I rarely use that.
    09-26-11 01:37 PM
    I'll say it again:

Rollover minutes
    Simultaneous voice/data

Exactly why I'm hesitant to jump ship. But I pulled the trigger earlier today and got an unlocked version for about the same price I would've paid (was gonna get it off contract anyways) from a carrier. So I get to keep all those things and have the phone I want.
    09-26-11 03:01 PM
    I just returned from the local Verizon Wireless store with a 9930. Hooking it up to Exchange as I type this. The only thing holding me back with AT&T was simultaneous voice and data, and if I am honest with myself, that doesn't do much for me. But, if it turns out to be a big deal, I have 14 days to return everything to Verizon.

So, in 14 days I will either port my AT&T number over to the 9930, or I will return the 9930 and stick with AT&T.
    09-26-11 03:12 PM
    Eh... I'm sure not waiting to Nov.. by then the 9900 series would just be a phone we all have and att would not get no kind of responses they would of had got when the device was hot and everyone wanted it.

Therefor I'm going to try Sprint out (Again) after canceling my contract with them last year to join ATT.

Still going to keep my ATT service tho.. just going to try the 14 or 30 days with the device and service.. if i like it, ill keep it.. if not ill just have to wait to Nov
    09-26-11 04:40 PM
    Got my hands on an unlocked 9930 (from Verizon) and use it on ATT. Works very well except that it only gives me EDGE so my browsing is pretty slow unless I'm on WIFI. I can live with it since Mesaging, BBM, Texts, etc work well. It's a great phone. I may switch when ATT bring it out and sell this one.
    09-26-11 05:03 PM
    I couldn't wait. I jumped to Sprint. Love it so far. I haven't been on sprint since my ppc-6700.
    09-26-11 06:38 PM
    I'll say it again:

Rollover minutes
    Simultaneous voice/data

same for me and i have 2 other lines tied so switching carriers not really an option....
    09-26-11 09:06 PM
    I'm waiting, but I am getting very upset with AT&T. First, they delay bridge in order to find a way to charge for tethering, so I don't even get to make use of the best feature bridge has to offer. Now there's all these delays with the 9900 and the 9860. All of this, on top of AT&T's mediocre service.

Verizon looks nicer and nicer every day.
    09-26-11 09:14 PM
    I'll say it again:

Rollover minutes
    Simultaneous voice/data

Exactly

09-26-11 09:32 PM
    All of this, on top of AT&T's mediocre service.

Verizon looks nicer and nicer every day.
    Out of the frying pan, and into the fire.

09-26-11 09:35 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD