So what happens to os7 support when 10 is released?
Will they keep having new os7 releases or are we done for? I really like my 9900 and would like to try a 10 but I don't have a real reason to upgrade. Mine does what I want it to. Should I go ahead and buy 3 or 4 more new ones to put in the closet for when mine eventually breaks or just get a new device?
RIM has spent a lot of time and energy on 10, I can't see them supporting 7 for too long.9900, T-Mo
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-04-2013, 12:24 PM #2
- 374 Posts
Well, it's a similar story with windows 8 & 7. BlackBerry 7 will still have support because most users will be wary of jumping at first release, they'd rather wait for debugs.Josh - Curve 9320 & PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Enthusiast - CrackBerry Addict - PlayBook Sideloader
- 01-04-2013, 12:34 PM #4
Thorsten Heins himself stated OS7.x will keep getting support for while. OS7 is still very important for entry-level device ranges as well as for quite some of the emerging markets out there. You can read more about it here:
BlackBerry OS 7 devices will continue to be supported through the transition to BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
I am also not sure if I will upgrade my 9900 to the QWERTY BB10 right from the start or not. My phone is not even nine months old and I bought it at full-price, I am somehow sick of that upgrade game every 12-18 months, especially since I am mostly satisfied by the Bold.
- 01-04-2013, 01:37 PM #7
Of course we most likely will see newer firmwares less often (keep in mind 2012 there was almost one release/month for major devices), since OS7.1 got pretty mature where it stands today.
- By Deathcommand in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 9Last Post: 04-20-2010, 08:36 PM
- By d5115r in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 15Last Post: 03-25-2010, 06:53 AM
- By lovemyspanish in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 4Last Post: 12-12-2009, 02:59 PM
- By lovemyspanish in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-12-2009, 11:42 AM
- By manjo in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 09-11-2008, 03:28 PM