Hello! I am new here, so I don't think there is a thread about this, but I'm sorry if there is!

Here's whats up...I have the 9900, and LOVE the phone in general, but the problems it's giving me are just building to the point where I cannot take it anymore. I bought it on ebay (stupid I know) and it did not have any problems that i could see, until I went outside..

The touchscreen (or trackpad) goes crazy and it because impossible to text or navigate phone. I thought, oh well, I'll just use it only inside, even though it is really really annoying.

But then I noticed my phone has started turning off about 5-10 times a day...and half of the times you have to take out the battery because it freezes turning reboot.

It also goes slow sometimes (and I always close apps when not using), and the notification lights sometimes will not stop blinking even after checking notifications.

Sooo....Im done with it. I would get a new one, but They are so expensive. This has made me think I should get the 9810 since it is cheaper. Is it that much of a step down? Is it as satisfying to use as the 9900 (the 9900 feels like a solid tool, like a chainsaw or something lol).

Thanks guys and girls!
    06-19-12 01:42 PM
    Hello! I am new here, so I don't think there is a thread about this, but I'm sorry if there is!

Here's whats up...I have the 9900, and LOVE the phone in general, but the problems it's giving me are just building to the point where I cannot take it anymore. I bought it on ebay (stupid I know) and it did not have any problems that i could see, until I went outside..

The touchscreen (or trackpad) goes crazy and it because impossible to text or navigate phone. I thought, oh well, I'll just use it only inside, even though it is really really annoying.

But then I noticed my phone has started turning off about 5-10 times a day...and half of the times you have to take out the battery because it freezes turning reboot.

It also goes slow sometimes (and I always close apps when not using), and the notification lights sometimes will not stop blinking even after checking notifications.

Sooo....Im done with it. I would get a new one, but They are so expensive. This has made me think I should get the 9810 since it is cheaper. Is it that much of a step down? Is it as satisfying to use as the 9900 (the 9900 feels like a solid tool, like a chainsaw or something lol).

Thanks guys and girls!
    You don't say which OS you are running.

I would try a wipe and reload with either .391 or .428 both of which are solid and see if this solves your problems.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    06-19-12 01:46 PM
    You don't say which OS you are running.

I would try a wipe and reload with either .391 or .428 both of which are solid and see if this solves your problems.
    Agreed. Backup. Security wipe. Get your carrier's latest official released OS or one of the leaks as the other poster mentioned. Install. Run the phone a couple of days without adding any 3rd party apps. If the issues go away, then add apps back one at a time and test.

Other things to test -- make sure the battery fits snugly and the contacts all look ok. Try running the phone without a media card. In fact I would check these two things first, before wiping.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    06-19-12 01:52 PM
    I have att, and their latest os (which I have) is 7.0 2392. That's garbage considering other companies are well into the 7.1 range.
    06-19-12 02:02 PM
    Oh and I tried downloading a new os, but I have a mac so it doesn't work...
    06-19-12 02:02 PM
    Oh and I tried downloading a new os, but I have a mac so it doesn't work...
    Apple, the curse of the BB user.

Find a friend or a work PC with Windows and do the update, your current OS belongs in a museum !!!

Good chance that after an update all will be well.
    06-19-12 02:23 PM
    I have the Bold 9900, and had to get my first one replaced because of the trackpad problem in the sun (thank goodness for the warranty). But before my Bold, I had a Torch 9800. First, the keyboard on the Bold is much better and bigger. The Torch still has a good keyboard, but it doesn't feel as nice as the one on the Bold. Also, the Torch has very nice hardware and is incredibly durable. Mine survived three weeks of being lost in the snow and rain. Adding to that, my Torch's battery could go two days on heavy use when the Bold can barely get through the day. Overall, the Torch was a nice device and I think that switching from the Bold to the Torch won't be a disappointment. I'd reccommend the phone to anyone.
    06-19-12 04:13 PM
    I sold my 9810 and im waiting my 9900 from ebay. I prefer stores, but i dont have so much noney for a phone!
    06-19-12 04:26 PM
    I was like you. My first 9900 was bricked, went out and bought a 9810. A few months later, bought another 9900.

Save yourself some money and try reloading the OS. If that doesn't work I'd recommend the 9900 over the 9810.

You'll miss the 9900 build quality and keyboard too much.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-19-12 05:11 PM
    i had a few similar issues with the 9900 when i first got the handset about 3 months ago, however when i updated to the software to 7.1 i have not had ONE single issue with the 9900 at all!! maybe upgrade your software and you should be good to go, - I updated my software through the phone rather than on a PC just make sure you use WIFI and its connected to a mains charger!!! :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by adzdaman; 06-19-12 at 06:35 PM.
    06-19-12 06:33 PM

Thanks guys and girls!
    is this your first bb? Maybe try and get the 9790.. (9900 and 9790 uses the same battery so it would be a better idea to get that)
    06-19-12 07:02 PM
    Hi. I just switched devices. Went from a 9800 to the 9900. I rally hate to see all these posts about problems, but so far so good.
    I used Desktop manager:
    I switched the contacts and emails and left 3rd part apps to do them, with app world.
    basically few apps to configure.
    Awesome phone! nice feel.
    06-19-12 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD