Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 71_340
  • 1 Post By belfastdispatcher
  • 1 Post By RubberChicken76
  • 1 Post By bmercer94
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default So I made the switch

Went and used my upgrade for an iPhone 5. I still love the blackberry and all of you guys have been great to me. I'm still going to use this site. I just want to say thanks to all you that helped me with my issues with the phone. And I hope to see all of you in the forums for the new model blackberry
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    868 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by losino View Post
    Went and used my upgrade for an iPhone 5. I still love the blackberry and all of you guys have been great to me. I'm still going to use this site. I just want to say thanks to all you that helped me with my issues with the phone. And I hope to see all of you in the forums for the new model blackberry
    Hey congrats! What do you think of the iPhone5 so far?
    CrackBerry User

I hope you like your iPhone. I tried iPone (3GS) and Android before, but never liked the touch keyboard and email programs, so I am back to Blackberry (BB 9900). The onlydisadvantage I see might be a little bit slower browser. But then, 99% of the time I use my PC or Laptop to browse the internet.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

You did the tough part which was making the choice.
    Make sure you educate those looking to buy a phone going forward. There is a different platform for everyone. Unfortunately a lot of people just by default go to iphone without knowing the advantages of Android, iOS and the new BB10.

Good luck and we will look forward to your next post "So I made the switch... the BB10 phone my buddy has is so amazing"
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 71_340 View Post
    I hope you like your iPhone. I tried iPone (3GS) and Android before, but never liked the touch keyboard and email programs, so I am back to Blackberry (BB 9900). The onlydisadvantage I see might be a little bit slower browser. But then, 99% of the time I use my PC or Laptop to browse the internet.
    same experience for me
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    7,005 Global Posts

Well, they do have a forum section for iOS so you don't have to worry

http://forums.crackberry.com/apple-iphone-ipad-f99/
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.1.1151 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3442
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by shemaree09 View Post
    same experience for me
    Try the latest BL Hybrid release RC8B1. The Browser is lightening quick with virtually no checkerboarding.
    PassportSQW100-1 10.3.1.1154

If I've helped or amused you feel free to use the Liked or Thanked buttons
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,507 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

But then, 99% of the time I use my PC or Laptop to browse the internet.
    Yep. Use a real browser. Lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Thank you to all of you. I've had 4 different blackberrys. A nexus s 4g. And now the iPhone. I like this phone. It's solid. I do miss the real keyboard but that 9930 I had was just giving me too many problems. I can't thank you guys enough for being so helpful.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    pins tend to hurt you..

Always consider bb10 when it comes out, you never know, it may make you a blackberry addict again!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    7,005 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ddlax22 View Post
    Always consider bb10 when it comes out, you never know, it may make you a blackberry addict again!
    I'm afraid I may be dead before the release happens.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.1.1151 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3442
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    pins tend to hurt you..

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo78 View Post
    I'm afraid I may be dead before the release happens.
    January 30th launch friend, then only a shorttime thereafter till the phones are in our hands. I hope you make it till then .
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

I had BB for years and switched to iphone. The iphone is nice with all the apps. But the virtual keyboard sucks!!!!!!!!! I also have an ipad that does the same thing, so I am looking forward to BB10 and possibly switching back. Then I'll have a great phone with keyboard but have the ipad I can tether to it for different things needed.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

I'm back with a little update. This iPhone is Muhammad better than the blackberry. Battery life is outstanding And it charges from 10% to dang near full in about an hour. The MP3 player function is second to none

PIN
    27F48177

I'm back with a little update. This iPhone is Muhammad better than the blackberry. Battery life is outstanding And it charges from 10% to dang near full in about an hour. The MP3 player function is second to none
    "Muhammad better"? Is that a damn that autocorrect moment? Lol
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    "Muhammad better"? Is that a damn that autocorrect moment? Lol
    I don't know where that came from. I hit submit reply and then I read that. I got a good laugh out of that

PIN
    27F48177

I don't know where that came from. I hit submit reply and then I read that. I got a good laugh out of that
    Lol, it's the first thing you notice when people switch to iphones
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

okay, that got me. "Muhammad better". Either way, my 9700 battery lasts appx 36h, and the media player works fine. But hey, you made the switch
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,683 Global Posts

I've heard then 5's battery life is quite good. The 4S I have for work has pretty crappy battery life. Roughly similar to my 9900 (a little worse actually) and I considered that device to have terrible battery life. The charging is nice.

Odd that you talk about the MP3 player being 'second to none'. I don't find anything particularly memorable about it. It does its job but I haven't given it a second thought.

The podcast app is truly atrocious on iPhone. I think Steve Jobs would have killed the team responsible for that. I can't believe it ever got out the door.
    gaurav92 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,001 Global Posts
    PIN
    Forget it

I hope you mean the mp3 player interface and not the audio playback quality because the iPhone 5, as well as any of the iPhone series are not known for stellar audio quality. The better the quality of cans or IEMs the worse they sound compared to the 9930 or the S3 playback. The lesser the quality the IEMs, the less noticeable the difference. I've compared the 5 listening to mp3 320, mp3 VBR, AAC 320 and even Apple Lossless and Wav and while ok, definitely not tops in quality. I may be too much of an audiophile but it's very evident to me when using a pair of Westone 3s. The 9930 isn't my choice for music playback either but it does handle the lossless formats better, and it at least supports Flac which is what I predominantly record in. That all being said, I don't consider any iPhone nor any BB worthy of quality audio playback. I prefer a dedicated DAP or my PB.
    If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

I mean the MP3 player function. The fact that it is an iPod. I don't know about all that technical jargon.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

There was something wrong with blackberry s music app?
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB