I'm on a VZW 9930 running the stock OS (.254)..

When accessing an SMS message through a notification, I cannot scroll up to any messages that do not immediately appear on the screen. The dates and times of older messages will scroll at the top of the screen - but, the screen doesn't move. Seemingly, I CAN scroll up if I access the SMS inbox through it's actual icon. I wonder if this would happen for BBM's as well; however, I haven't received one since I noticed the SMS bug.

Is this a bug that others have noticed? If so, is there a fix?
    10-09-11 05:53 PM
    If a battery pull doesn't fix it, try updating your OS to the latest .362 version.

Stock OS builds are notoriously buggy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-11 06:10 PM
    If a battery pull doesn't fix it, try updating your OS to the latest .362 version.

Stock OS builds are notoriously buggy.

I'm familiar with the process as I used to have an 8330/9650 - but, I no longer have a windows machine..might have to try to figure out how to do it on a mac.

Also, thanks for the response - is .362 the "best"? Nothing between .254 and .362 that's better?
    10-09-11 06:23 PM
    I run into this once in awhile to. It mostly seems to occur when the text message chat gets lengthy. The only solution I have discovered is to delete the SMS and start a new one
    10-09-11 06:35 PM
    You're gonna need a PC.

I've no idea which is the best 9930 OS build as I have a 9900, but the latest is 'usually' the most stable/least buggy.

10-09-11 06:37 PM
    You're gonna need a PC.

I've no idea which is the best 9930 OS build as I have a 9900, but the latest is 'usually' the most stable/least buggy.

Thanks again for the response..will do. I can prob grab someone's laptop to do it quickly (if I had foreseen my coming back to BB - I wouldve left Windows on my desktop)
    10-09-11 07:02 PM
    I run into this once in awhile to. It mostly seems to occur when the text message chat gets lengthy. The only solution I have discovered is to delete the SMS and start a new one
    Yes, the only solution is to delete your thread and start fresh. Blackberry phones don't have the ability to keep long SMS text threads. You'll have to constantly delete the text threads of those individuals you communicate with regularly. The text messages are too much for the phone to handle. This is totally acceptable though as there are no phones out there that can handle a lot of texting and long SMS threads. Anecdotally, I've heard other phones out there (not Blackberry) have exploded into fireballs and caused serious injury to users if they didn't delete their text threads regularly. Be thankful you have a Blackberry!
    10-10-11 06:01 AM
    This is totally acceptable though as there are no phones out there that can handle a lot of texting and long SMS threads.
    Don't let Broly see that comment!

10-10-11 06:33 AM
    I've had this happen once and a battery pull did help.
    It happened when a text was a little long, + I blamed it on the fact that a BB msg and a text came at once and also with my different colored lights (BerryBuzz). LOL.
    But I was so nosey about what the lengthy text was because it was important work gossip.

Also I noticed I could press T for top of page or B for bottom, and that would work fine, but it would not scroll up. Batter pull allowed me to read it all perfectly.

I've had this Bold for over a month and that was my only battery pull thus far.

10-10-11 06:59 AM
    Do the new OS updates address the issue?
    02-20-12 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD