I upgraded from the 9000 to the 9900.

On the 9000 it would show the length of a text showing me the characters remaining. On the 9900 there is no indication. I can only see something if I copy and paste into the SMS program then it will show the length, but only temporarily, if I delete some characters or type it disappears again.

It certainly is not as useful on the 9000.

While it doesn't matter while at home, when abroad I do need to know how long the messages are so I don't pay for two when a few characters over.

I'm running 353.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 05:13 AM
    Same here running .353

However the number of characters do show up when you have 15 characters remaining in text #1, and this counts down to zero, then counts down again from 145 in text #2... which is quite handy.

09-25-11 05:26 AM
    If you add a signature, you will also have your character count show up in your SMS message.
    09-25-11 06:28 AM
    I may be wrong but I think this version of sms will let you go on forever and just send it in multiple messages. #1, #2 etc.

09-25-11 07:24 AM
    I may be wrong but I think this version of sms will let you go on forever and just send it in multiple messages. #1, #2 etc.

You are correct, but some people still pay for msgs received I guess. Some would rather have a character count (shrugs).
    09-25-11 07:29 AM
    As Phil says, it will show up when you get close to the end of a text.

09-25-11 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD