OOK, here goes:
    My 9780 was a joy to hold, with feke leatherette feel to the battery door so when you held it, it was nice and grippy when you finger curled around the back to grip.
    The 9900 stock one might look good but it slips away from your fingers.
    Is there any company who has yet made a replacemebt one? I pushed as hard as I could to the company who can bepsoke your 9900 and colour the frame, battery door etc and they will ONLY do the whole phone. It would be real nice to have a more tactile feel.
    Laters my BB fans of a plenty
    M

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-11 02:07 AM
    One word..."Otterbox".
    10-04-11 02:13 AM
    You could try using a invisishield protector for the battery for. I used one on my storm 2. It gave more texture to the battery door and made it more slip protection.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    10-04-11 02:26 AM
    Buy a slim profile case. The end.
    10-04-11 04:51 AM
    I dont really find the battery door to be all that slippy so to speak...i get a good grip when i use mine...perhaps your hands are sweaty or slippy?? which in that case, give your hands a good wipe before handling the phone
    10-04-11 07:26 AM
    I agree. Hopefully a third party company will release a battery door replacing the carbon fiber with the leather of old, NFC be damned!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-11 08:49 AM
    3M Di-Noc Vinyl overlay. Available in Matte Black or CF look.

magician1 likes this.
    10-04-11 09:55 AM

Click to view quoted image
    WOW! I am onto that right away, awesome
    10-04-11 10:05 AM
    ebay, purchased, 99p inc free delivery, bring it on.
    10-04-11 10:17 AM

Click to view quoted image
    Wow looks awesome. Where can I get the matte black one? Can't find an auction on ebay for it. Also, how thick is it actually?
    10-04-11 10:29 AM
    Wow looks awesome. Where can I get the matte black one? Can't find an auction on ebay for it. Also, how thick is it actually?
    I bought a 12x12 inch piece on ebay and applied it myself. A little heat from a hair dryer, a little trimming with a razor blade and its done. Haven't found any specificly cut pieces for the back door at this time. It's really thin but very strong stuff.

Just search for "matte black vinyl" on ebay.
    Last edited by chasvs; 10-04-11 at 02:04 PM.
    10-04-11 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD