Hey guys,

My first time back in almost two years. I just picked up a 9900 on ATT, and was doing a lot of reading on the site. I noticed on the stock OS, battery life was "meh", to say the least.

I upgraded to .540, and took the recommendations I saw saying after loading the OS, make sure to do a few battery pulls the first couple of days. I flashed this OS at 100% battery yesterday, at 2pm. Since then, I have not charged my device, and am at 29%.

I've made about 2 hours worth of calls, a ton of browsing (you guys heard those Lindsay pictures were leaked? :P) and a TON of messaging through text and BBM. I have wifi OFF, BT OFF, FB is running with updates, screen down to 20 percent, with auto dim, and screen off in 10 seconds. Not bad so far to say the least.

However, when doing these battery pulls, I noticed that my battery percentage goes up once I do a pull. For example, today, when my phone hit 28% (notice I said my phone is at 29% right now?) I did a battery pull. When I put the battery back in, and powered the phone on, it was at 33%. This happened every time I pulled. Also, it wasn't like hey, you're 33% now, and in 10 minutes you're back to 28%. It was legitimate charge.

So my question is, what attributes to this? Is it because the OS is getting used to the battery? Also, for the people having issues, are you REALLY doing these consistant battery pulls? I've done 3 so far since yesterday.

Thanks guys.
    12-09-11 06:19 PM
    Good question. It's time we all just enjoy these phones already.
    12-09-11 06:30 PM
    I am definitely enjoying my phone. However, I see a lot of people who aren't. I know if I was having issues, I'd want someone to try and help me :\ Just trying to spread the knowledge.
    12-09-11 06:37 PM
    Lohan looks hot in those pics, hopefully she fixed her rottoing teeth
    12-10-11 09:59 PM
    I am definitely enjoying my phone. However, I see a lot of people who aren't. I know if I was having issues, I'd want someone to try and help me :\ Just trying to spread the knowledge.
    I usually lose a couple of % of battery life with each battery pull.

However, to test the idea I just did another and there was no change.
    12-11-11 07:28 AM
    I have also noticed I gain battery power if I do a pull, usually 2-3%.
    12-11-11 07:45 AM
    Why would you benefit from multiple battery pulls? My understanding from my past experience with BB is that a battery pull reset is done after installing a new OS build or after adding or deleting applications...simply to "settle" things in the programming. That way, like a PC...you don't have any remnants floating around to give you grief later.

Is that right? If so...why would a 9900/9930 owner benefit from doing it, I mean doing mulitiple ones as the OP suggests?
    12-11-11 08:01 AM
    Why would you benefit from multiple battery pulls? My understanding from my past experience with BB is that a battery pull reset is done after installing a new OS build or after adding or deleting applications...simply to "settle" things in the programming. That way, like a PC...you don't have any remnants floating around to give you grief later.

Is that right? If so...why would a 9900/9930 owner benefit from doing it, I mean doing mulitiple ones as the OP suggests?
    In my experience, I've found that 2-3 battery pulls are needed only after an OS install to settle the OS. At least one of them is a complete removal of the battery to be sure any residual energy is drained from all the hardware, then at least one more soft boot (alt+shift+del). I'm not sure why, but one glaringly obvious example of an app that is not fully functional until the 2nd or 3rd reboot is Iconify. I have a few Iconify'd web links which, immediately after an OS install, display a generic icon rather than the ones that I assigned to them and they do not function at all. After the next reboot they all look and function perfectly. I'm sure there are other apps or core processes that are not quite as obvious to the naked eye but behave the same way under the covers. Just a strange quirk of this OS.

After that initial series of restarts, I'll do a soft boot about once a week to recover leaked memory and 'reset' everything. For example, I just happened to notice this morning that I had lost about 12 mb of memory since my previous reboot. One of these days I'll take the time to examine all my apps to see which one(s) is/are doing all the leaking. But for now, a reboot will suffice.
    12-11-11 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD