.. correct me if I am wrong.. the crosshair icon only appears in CDMA devices...
    Everytime I see that ape picture I laugh my *** off then I go and brush my teeth.
    09-20-11 08:51 PM
    And that has to do with what, email? Lol, what's the exact definition of BIS?
    BIS is the server that all of your network traffic goes through on the mobile network (with some minor exceptions).
    09-20-11 08:52 PM
    BIS is the server that all of your network traffic goes through on the mobile network (with some minor exceptions).
    Oh, wow, so it's very important then. Sometimes it disappears though. Does that mean that your data for that period of time is slower?
    09-20-11 08:54 PM
    i saw the pic again and i notice that the phone missing BIS ....
    09-20-11 11:30 PM
    Oh, wow, so it's very important then. Sometimes it disappears though. Does that mean that your data for that period of time is slower?
    .. when you loose that bb logo icon and you don't see EDGE/GPRS written there in its place then you have just lost connection to BIS.. meaning no emails, no surfing and no BB.. dumbphone to be precise...

i saw the pic again and i notice that the phone missing BIS ....
    .. you saw the pic but you're missing BIS?

Everytime I see that ape picture I laugh my *** off then I go and brush my teeth.
    ... LMAO....
    09-25-11 12:03 PM
    GPS/E911 services.

The icon symbolized that your phone has a GPS locator in it, but not always means it has the GPS navigation.

This is for you local 911 to locate you when you place any 911 call.

It also enable data features on your phone too.
    Such as weather applications, they will tell you the weather by where you phone is.
    Even local news by the location the phone is at.
    As well On Demand applications work on this system too.

You can turn it off if you want to.
    If you turn it off, it just means you data applications will not be able to pin point your location off the towers, but 911 still can find you.
    09-25-11 01:18 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD