I can upgrade my Sprint Blackberry 9700 to a 9930 for $199. I use and abuse my phone for business emails so I use a Seidio mega-extended and fat battery.

My concerns about trading up:
    1.) No extended battery available. Do I need one?
    2.) The cost - is $200 worth upgrading for a touchscreen?

If you own a 9900/9930, please let me know what you think!

TIA
    08-23-11 04:43 PM
    Go for it. If you love BB and don't really find anything fancy about other phones (iPhone, Android, and potential QNX), go for it. It truly is the best Blackberry to date and I'm sure the accessories you want will be made, if not currently out right now.

You can always sell your 9650 (I'm sure that's what you mean since Sprint doesn't offer the 9700) on eBay/CL/etc. for $100-$150 on the low end, sometimes they fetch $200 but that's rare. Ask Sprint if they'll give you the $70 renewal credit as well but do that BEFORE you upgrade.

Let us know what you end up deciding on!
    08-23-11 05:24 PM
    YES

There's no extended battery out yet, but you can buy an extra battery and charger combo to keep a spare battery on hand thats always charged if you're that heavy of a user

I upgraded from the 9700 as well, and the difference is unreal! and the touchscreen kicks *** too! Makes it so much easier & quicker to use
    08-23-11 06:08 PM
    No i think he means 9700, as his info say AT&T/Cingular and not sprint
    08-23-11 06:12 PM
    To answer your question, play with the 9900 a little but rumor has it that a 9790 may be coming out too. So if you like your size of your phone, this may be a better option.

Man, the crackberry forum is starting to sound like the Android/iPhone forums regarding battery life. Geeee, RIM...you managed to screw this up too? Long battery life was one of the FEW arguments I had as a BB user.
    08-23-11 06:12 PM
    The 9900 is a MAJOR upgrade. It's worth doing.

I've upgraded a lot over the years and this was by far the most significant.
    08-23-11 06:14 PM
    Get the 9930...I came from bold 9650 which I sold for $150 cash...mind u it was in great conditions...I've had the 9930 since sunday and no turning back for me...I love this thing...FYI...I paid full price for my 9930...saving my full upgrade for next year should something in terms of "QNX" comes out....for now I'm very satisfied with my 9930

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 06:20 PM
    A hundred people can answer you with 100 different or even simalar answers but when you are buying a new device with a brand new OS on it like OS 7 and if you are using your upgrade for 2 years, You have to make up your own mind, Thant is why you read the thread for the device and weigh in on what people are saying about it.... Good and Bad, the cut those in half, sleep on it and then do what you feel is best for you.

My self I Love mine so far and have had hardly any glitches so far but 1 and that was my fault.

You will know what is right for you my friend!
    08-23-11 06:27 PM
    the answer is YES.

GO... NOW
    08-23-11 06:32 PM
    I'm sure there will be an extended batter available from Seidio soon.
    08-23-11 06:33 PM
    Thank you for the great replies. I did mean a 9650 (had a 9700 before 9650, oops). I think I am going to wait until the extended battery is manufactured because my business is practically run from my Blackberry. This will also give some time to de-bug whatever bugs are found and application upgrades that are needed to run on this OS. Thank you again for the replies.
    08-23-11 08:45 PM
    To answer your question, play with the 9900 a little but rumor has it that a 9790 may be coming out too. So if you like your size of your phone, this may be a better option.

Man, the crackberry forum is starting to sound like the Android/iPhone forums regarding battery life. Geeee, RIM...you managed to screw this up too? Long battery life was one of the FEW arguments I had as a BB user.
    Actually anyone that I know that has an iphone is pretty happy with battery life!
    08-23-11 09:15 PM
    Not me or most of those I know with iPhone 4s. Lucky to get anywhere near a day out of them with very moderate use. My BB is honestly a way better.....

Actually anyone that I know that has an iphone is pretty happy with battery life!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    damule6666 likes this.
    08-23-11 09:23 PM
    As soon as the tmobile version comes out I will be upgrading from my BBerry 9700.....not even thinking about it......I....CANT....WAIT....
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-23-11 10:03 PM
    It is a tremendous device. Do a search though thsi forum for the very few issues the 9900 has though so that you know which one to buy
    08-23-11 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD