I am still a little paranoid about the 9900 bricking. I'm with AT&T. I use my current Blackberry for work and personal. I can't afford to be with out it for days let alone hours. Has RIM officially said anything? Should I just wait or just get one already? I have looked at Androids and i phones, but I prefer to stay with Blackberry. Thanks.
    11-15-11 11:48 AM
    I own 2 9900's. No bricking issues whatsoever.
    11-15-11 12:05 PM
    Your concern is certainly understandable. But I've yet to see any such issues with the at&t 9900s. I'd bet dollars to donuts it was a hardware issue that caused the delay of the phone's release on at&t and has since been resolved. I say pull the trigger. If it turns out bad, you can come back here and give me the dickens, and I'll gladly send you the Curve 3g I keep for a backup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-11 01:35 PM
    My 9900 hasn't bricked or had any glitches with the software. It's been running wonderfully so far.
    If you are really unsure though, you could just keep your 8310 as backup and switch out sim cards if anything happens. I loved my 8300 but donated it. I have my Torch 9800 as a safety if nothing else.
    11-15-11 01:45 PM
    No offense but regardless of buying the 9900, if you are truly that dependent on your BlackBerry I hope you already have a back up device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-15-11 01:48 PM
    Pull the trigger. Remember that how giddy everyone is to beat up on RIM these days. If this were a huge issue I would have seen it all over CNN. Tells me that this is not as common an issue that it appears to be when you read the forums.

Mine has been fine since launch day.
    11-15-11 01:51 PM
    They say that the ATT 9900 have a different hardware, maybe they are not having issues.

If you ask me about the 9900 I could tell you that is the most unreliable phone I have ever seen but maybe the ATT or newer phones dont have issues because they have modified something inside.

Maybe some countries like Mexico are receiveing older phones that have issues.

This would be amazing because that phone is built in Mexico.

Is there a way to know what blackberries are new ones, can you find that info inside the phone, the date of build?
    11-15-11 02:05 PM
    Let me see if I understand it correctly.

You are a BlackBerry fan (?).
    You have one of the best BB models ever.
    The keypad on your BB badly beats all other smart phones/toys.
    Your 9900 has not bricked.
    You are a newbie on CB and yet the only thread you have started has a title like this thread?

(BTW, iCloud is currently iDown)
    11-15-11 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD