Dear friends,

I am gonna buy a 9900 TIM branded (Italian carrier) but locked, which they say it is gonna work with other carriers and it's not TIM sim locked; I wanted to know as it is branded by a carrier and definitely it shows it's logo on booting and has some configuration and setting and apps for itself, should I have consider changing it's OS? And if so, is it possible? I've seen there was some threads and discussions about different OS released and so, but I mean if I'm gonna change the OS so I have to unlock it, right? then probably I would loose my 2 years guarantee of it, no?? Is there anyway to backup the original branded OS first, and if I wanted to bring it for the guarantee service, just upgrade (or downgrade) again to the original OS so I can keep my guarantee going??

Thanks!

P.S. Is it safe to buy it on eBay?!
    06-21-12 08:28 PM
    The booting logo will always stay the same, no matter what OS you load onto the device.
    What carrier are you planning to use it on?
    06-21-12 08:32 PM
    The booting logo will always stay the same, no matter what OS you load onto the device.
    What carrier are you planning to use it on?
    Wind in Italy, IR-TCI (Hamrahe Aval) in Iran... So you mean it's better to keep it's own OS?
    06-21-12 09:30 PM
    Unlocking the phone is not related to the OS you are running on the phone. To unlock the phone call your carrier and tell them you are going to be traveling and would like them to unlock it for you. Or there is a whole set of threads here about unlocking the phone. http://forums.crackberry.com/unlocki...omotions-f207/
    Changing your OS can be done if you want to improve your phone's performance. Sometimes it works and your phone is more responsive and other times you trade one set of problems for another. You can always try the news leaked OS for your phone and if you don't like it you can go back by visiting Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com under support or use desktop manager. There are many threads here that can assist you.
    BennOam likes this.
    06-21-12 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD