How much time do we have until we're forced to switch to the new devices? In other words when will the current Bold, Curve and Torch stop being carried?
    02-04-13 01:51 PM
    Blackberry has said that they will support OS7+ for some time. They are still supporting OS5 and OS6.

The OS7 devices are all over the world right now and are exceptional.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    wolfee48 likes this.
    02-04-13 08:36 PM
    I was behind a woman still using a 8330.

Honestly I don't worry about shelf life rather than usability.

If my phone slows me down or freezes often and a wipe and reload couldn't fix the issue then its time for me to look at a new phone.

That's what happened to my 9650. Even off a fresh os load it would hour glass on sending texts. Good bye! Hello 9900.

Sent from my game boy color
    02-05-13 11:25 PM
    I guess my real concern is, will blackberry still manufacture these devices. This is a company phone and my company has made no notion of switching to BB10 or any other platform. I would imagine that as these phones break/malfunction that the availability of these phones to replace them with would slim down.
    02-09-13 12:19 AM
    I was behind a woman still using a 8330.

Honestly I don't worry about shelf life rather than usability.

If my phone slows me down or freezes often and a wipe and reload couldn't fix the issue then its time for me to look at a new phone.

That's what happened to my 9650. Even off a fresh os load it would hour glass on sending texts. Good bye! Hello 9900.

Oh, man, you aren't kidding. My Style was getting so sluggish that I could click a link, put the phone down as the hourglass spun, pick up my SIII, type, load, and read the page, then share, and do a couple other things before the clock stopped spinning. And then flip a few birds before the page would finish loading. And, with a hinky port, I couldn't wipe or reload the OS, so, it would be a continually worsening problem.
    02-09-13 12:27 AM
    I'M still using my old Curve 8310. And it's still better than it was in the days of 4.2 OS. The keyboard it's by far the best.
    02-09-13 12:38 AM
    Yeah. Blackberrys of old are still around. Long shelf life. The javelin lasted a lot longer than I expected to see it. Long live legacy bbs
    02-09-13 03:08 AM
    I guess my real concern is, will blackberry still manufacture these devices. This is a company phone and my company has made no notion of switching to BB10 or any other platform. I would imagine that as these phones break/malfunction that the availability of these phones to replace them with would slim down.
    With third party veendors and repair shops that is not a large issue today. Most repairs are not beyond the level of many consumers. We can expect a good long time for today's devices.
    02-09-13 05:27 AM
    Oh, man, you aren't kidding. My Style was getting so sluggish that I could click a link, put the phone down as the hourglass spun, pick up my SIII, type, load, and read the page, then share, and do a couple other things before the clock stopped spinning. And then flip a few birds before the page would finish loading. And, with a hinky port, I couldn't wipe or reload the OS, so, it would be a continually worsening problem.
    That was the case with most pre os7 phones. Super sluggish no matter what os you ran. The 9650,9700 and 9550 all ran about the same speed after a good amount of use. I have never encountered a slow browser with the 9900 yet. When it get to the sluggish point then I start looking at new devices. That's my life cycle. Haha

02-13-13 12:02 AM