Hi All,

my exhange email (company one) is succesfully setup through BIS, but however there is no address book and calendar.

Is there any way I could get those 2 in my bb9900?

Thank you very much.
    11-01-11 05:02 AM
    on the email setup icon, expand the Exchange email option and it should be under Synchronization options...
    11-01-11 10:27 AM
    on the email setup icon, expand the Exchange email option and it should be under Synchronization options...
    @batrad.
    Under Synchronization options, there is "Deleted items" only.
    Does yours have address book and calendar?

or anyone could help? Thank you
    11-01-11 10:45 AM
    You can't on BIS, only with BES. Just use Desktop Manager on your PC to sync calendar/tasks/memos/contacts with Outlook, it can do it via bluetooth or an USB cable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    howarmat likes this.
    11-01-11 11:15 AM
    like belfast said, exchange cannot do this with BIS. You need activesync or BES to do this. This is 1 of several drawbacks of BIS
    11-01-11 11:30 AM
    like belfast said, exchange cannot do this with BIS. You need activesync or BES to do this. This is 1 of several drawbacks of BIS
    Not really a drawback, I don't really see the point of OTA calendar/contacts sync. Unless you have a secretary sitting in front of your computer I don't see why the sync can't wait until you get within bluetooth range from your computer.

11-01-11 11:38 AM
    Not really a drawback, I don't really see the point of OTA calendar/contacts sync. Unless you have a secretary sitting in front of your computer I don't see why the sync can't wait until you get within bluetooth range from your computer.

really? you dont see how instant sync across many devices including those owned by others is not a good thing that has multiple benefits?
    11-01-11 11:49 AM
    really? you dont see how instant sync across many devices including those owned by others is not a good thing that has multiple benefits?
    Well that's what I meant, unless you have a shared email account with a colleague or a secretary, if you don't then it can wait until you're within bluetooth range from any computer.

No matter how many devices I would be using my blackberry is always in my pocket. OTA back up yes, once a day I backup with Protect but I don't need instant OTA sync with my laptop that's at home or in the car and not even on and connected to the internet.

11-01-11 12:09 PM
    you dont need a shared account

Its 8 am and you wont be in the office all day. You have a meeting that you have scheduled for 4 pm and you change it to 3. With the instant sync that change will happen automatically and not only will your calender and reminder be updated but then the other people attending the meeting will also get the changes sent to them and their calendars will be upto date. But sure you can wait until you get home at 6 pm and sync it to your calendar then.

This is a glaring omission from BIS service IMO.
    11-01-11 12:20 PM
    you dont need a shared account

Its 8 am and you wont be in the office all day. You have a meeting that you have scheduled for 4 pm and you change it to 3. With the instant sync that change will happen automatically and not only will your calender and reminder be updated but then the other people attending the meeting will also get the changes sent to them and their calendars will be upto date. But sure you can wait until you get home at 6 pm and sync it to your calendar then.

This is a glaring omission from BIS service IMO.
    Sorry, wrong, you can invite people to a calendar entry on your blackberry and when you make a change they will also be notified, and viceversa. You don't need to share your whole calendar with them. It's done via email, not OTA sync.

11-01-11 12:23 PM
    again you are not sharing your calendar. Its just a generic event that is stored on the exchange server.
    11-01-11 01:03 PM
    again you are not sharing your calendar. Its just a generic event that is stored on the exchange server.
    You can already do that from your BIS blackberry, no need for exchange for that, works across platforms too, at least it works with Android for sure.

Create event, invite attendees, that's all you have to do. Edit the event and the attendees will be notified and event edited for them too. Delete the event and all attendees will be notified of the cancellation too.

11-01-11 01:26 PM
    BES is much more useful than BIS, you dont have to ever worry about syncing, it does it automatically.. All of you devices and computers will sync perfectly. If you add a contact in your bb it will automatically sync to your laptop and desktop instantly and visa-verca. I never have to worry about doing backups, they are done automatically every hour. If i am traveling and loose my phone IT can do a remote wipe, and then give me a password for the new device and i simply type it in and i have all my data back instantly without having to do a restore. Third party apps are backed up, ect. You have oviously never used BES or you wouldnt be saying what you are saying. It makes the BB experience that much better.
    11-01-11 02:27 PM
    The support of syncing from exchange with BIS has been removes with OS6 and OS7 devices. I was using my 8900 for the longest time until screen broke, now can't get the calendar sync anymore due to RIM deciding for users like me that i don't require this feature. It sucks and more than likely they will loose me as a loyal blackberry user soon enough.

I have the option to set up an enterprise server but for what purpose?, RIM, you make business phones, get your act together. I can get any other phone today that will give me both contacts and calendar sync (iPhone / android / windows phone).
    12-10-12 02:56 PM
    It will be interesting to see how RIM handles BB10 and email. I am using activesync in several other devices and it is full featured, email, calendar, and contacts. Will the BB10 with a standard plan be a full featured business phone. If so is RIM losing a revenue stream? We will hopefully find out soon.
    12-10-12 06:28 PM
    As belfastdispatcher pointed out in this thread, create and updates come in as emails and update the BB calendar, no need for BES. I use email updates on my BB7 phone. If the Playbook proved anything, it's that RIM listened to customer demand because it has native active sync.

I'll point out a drawback of active sync though. The Exchange Admin can wipe your phone because becoming a part of the activesync grants them permission to.
    12-10-12 09:12 PM
    Astrasync will sync the contacts and calendars over BIS. You can keep the email on BIS and setup Astrasync to only sync the calendars and contacts.
    12-11-12 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD