For those of you who have come from Android or IOS, how does the new BB7 browser compare? How does the double tap to zoom feature work? Does it reflow the text? How are the heavy sites loading up? Like Engadget mobile full site version? Have you experienced the "page to large to load" error message yet?

Blaize's video compared three web sites that looked really light. Didnt really get a clear understanding for how far the browser has come.

thanks.
    08-14-11 07:11 AM
    Browser is too fast for my one handed use,
    I keep mistakenly clicking links and before I can respond It has already loaded the page.

I'm not a fan of how it handles CrackBerry's full website, but the WAP site is amazing.
    joewoo likes this.
    08-14-11 07:15 AM
    does it ever get stuck on saying "Requesting"
    08-14-11 08:08 AM
    Browser is too fast for my one handed use,
    I keep mistakenly clicking links and before I can respond It has already loaded the page.

I'm not a fan of how it handles CrackBerry's full website, but the WAP site is amazing.
    Its good to hear but WAP sites arent exactly a challenge. My 9700 loaded those up without a hitch but trying a full website could literally take forever............literally.
    08-14-11 08:31 AM
    I loaded crackberry on my 9900 within 1min last night.
    08-14-11 08:31 AM
    I loaded crackberry on my 9900 within 1min last night.
    Was that over wifi?
    08-14-11 08:33 AM
    To get an accurate answer, it's probably best to ask someone that is used to the browser from another platform. Just because is faster that previous BB browsers, doesn't necessarily mean that it's fast. I've never used it so I can't say, but I will say this: A previous post mentioned that they loaded the Crackberry website in about a minute. Just to test it, I loaded Crackberry in less than 10 seconds (wifi). If that helps.
    08-14-11 08:44 AM
    Check out the browser speed comparison Crackberry did the other day. Comparing it to iOS and android (2.2?), the 9900 held it's own but still didn't come out on top. Regardless, the JIT compiler and the 1.2 ghz processor made a huge difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 08:48 AM
    I like the browser, I'm just trying to get used to it as I'm used to a full touch phone.

Had a few instances where I've had issues, scrolling down on google images using the trackpad which resulted in it clicking the link of any picture I stopped on.

For forums I use tapatalk as it just works well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-14-11 08:50 AM
    To get an accurate answer, it's probably best to ask someone that is used to the browser from another platform. Just because is faster that previous BB browsers, doesn't necessarily mean that it's fast. I've never used it so I can't say, but I will say this: A previous post mentioned that they loaded the Crackberry website in about a minute. Just to test it, I loaded Crackberry in less than 10 seconds (wifi). If that helps.
    That is exactly why I mentioned Android and IOS users. I know that if you are coming from a 9780 then you are probably in heaven. But coming from a GS2, you might be majorly disappointed.

10 Seconds sounds much better. I just loaded the full crackberry website in about 12 seconds on my GS2 on wifi. So your results sound very encouraging.
    08-14-11 08:51 AM
    Check out the browser speed comparison Crackberry did the other day. Comparing it to iOS and android (2.2?), the 9900 held it's own but still didn't come out on top. Regardless, the JIT compiler and the 1.2 ghz processor made a huge difference.

I mentioned that in my original post. Those websites looked very simple so it didnt really tell me much.
    08-14-11 08:51 AM
    Its good to hear but WAP sites arent exactly a challenge. My 9700 loaded those up without a hitch but trying a full website could literally take forever............literally.
    The Sites that usually load too fast are full sites, and CrackBerry's website loads fully as well, but on the small screen there is just too much "fluff" on the crackberry website to make it usable so I use WAP which loads and runs as fast as my PC can do it.
    08-14-11 08:52 AM
    That is exactly why I mentioned Android and IOS users. I know that if you are coming from a 9780 then you are probably in heaven. But coming from a GS2, you might be majorly disappointed.

10 Seconds sounds much better. I just loaded the full crackberry website in about 12 seconds on my GS2 on wifi. So your results sound very encouraging.
    I probably should have mentioned, that I'm using a Thunderbolt. Sorry.
    08-14-11 08:54 AM
    I have the 9810 and the engadget, and crackberry loaded in 10-15 seconds. Crackberry being the 15 seconds. This was over the carrier network. I tried wifi and got the same results. My wifi sucks though.

08-14-11 08:57 AM
    I probably should have mentioned, that I'm using a Thunderbolt. Sorry.
    Haha! Yeah, makes a slight difference.
    08-14-11 09:00 AM
    Any checkerboarding?

08-14-11 09:50 AM
    For those of you who have come from Android or IOS, how does the new BB7 browser compare? How does the double tap to zoom feature work? Does it reflow the text? How are the heavy sites loading up? Like Engadget mobile full site version? Have you experienced the "page to large to load" error message yet?

Blaize's video compared three web sites that looked really light. Didnt really get a clear understanding for how far the browser has come.

thanks.
    The browser is much improved and fairly damn quick. I also use an i4 and while I can't say that it's better than the i4's it's definitely neck and neck. It will get better as newer firmware is released. Now I also keep in mind that the iPhone 4 is 14 month old hardware so it's not the fairest comparison.
    But I think it's safe to say the BlackBerry OS7 browser is now up there with the competition.
    southlander likes this.
    08-14-11 09:53 AM
    The browser is much improved and fairly damn quick. I also use an i4 and while I can't say that it's better than the i4's it's definitely neck and neck. It will get better as newer firmware is released. Now I also keep in mind that the iPhone 4 is 14 month old hardware so it's not the fairest comparison.
    But I think it's safe to say the BlackBerry OS7 browser is now up there with the competition.
    That's actually good to hear because although I can't really see myself returning anytime soon (Unless QNX just blows me away), that was one of the main reasons that I left.
    08-14-11 10:11 AM
    That's good enough for majority of BlackBerry users I believe.

I have a Curve 3G and one of my co-workers has an iPhone 4, his iPhone loads every website faster. Now if BB os7 is neck and neck with iPhone 4, I will be satisfied.
    08-14-11 10:42 AM
    Any checkerboarding?

There is a lot of checkerboarding until the page is fully loaded
    08-14-11 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD