On my old 9700 text messages were sequential in that each sent and received message woud be displayed one after the other in logical order which I found great. On my new 9900 I can't get it to do this - the sent messages are in one lump and replies in another, separate group, which is very annoying. I've tried ticking and unticking "Combine Sequential Messages" in the Options menu but nothing seems to change either way. Can anyone shed any light?
    10-10-11 11:31 AM
    Could you take a screen shot of this phenomonon?

(Yeah i dont know how to spell that)
    10-10-11 11:36 AM
    Yes go to options when you're in the text app... You'll see the option. I discovered this on my 9900 and love it! Its like a chat

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 11:47 AM
    Yes go to options when you're in the text app... You'll see the option. I discovered this on my 9900 and love it! Its like a chat

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    But which option is it? I assume its "Combine Sequential Messages" but, if so, this does nothing - whether checked or unchecked texts to and from a particular person are lumped together - one batch of sent and another batch of received, rather than one after the other as they would be in a converation. Is there another option I should be looking for?
    10-10-11 11:53 AM
    Could you take a screen shot of this phenomonon?

(Yeah i dont know how to spell that)
    Sorry can't do screen shots. But if I had sent say four texts to a person and she has sent four replies (eight texts in all) rather than the texts being one from me, one from her, one from me, one from her etc, in sequence, I'm getting the four of mine in one block (one after the other) and then the four from her together in another block, if that makes sense!
    10-10-11 11:57 AM
    Umm it should've work by checking "combine sequential messages" it worked on my 9930/Sprint instantly. Anywho; i think a battery pull should do the work try it (:
    10-10-11 12:50 PM
    No, already tried that, sounds like its a duff phone
    10-10-11 12:53 PM
    No, already tried that, sounds like its a duff phone
    That's strange, I just toggled the option on my phone and it works fine. Combining "batches" the sent messages together as you say, and toggling the Combine Sequential.... option off in turn splits the sent messages up into chronologically separate "bubbles" and timestamps of course.

I would think a battery pull would solve this as well, since it solved the quirky inability to SMS scroll issue for me. If it's sort of a big deal, then just wipe and perform a fresh install of your OS.
    10-10-11 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD