I came to BB 9900 from Nokia Express Music 5800. (Well I did buy a second hand BB 9000 off ebay a year ago for some occasional prepaid 3G tethering access when out of town)

Anyway this is the first time ever I am using BB for "daily" and active use. I am having an "issue" with Phone Log. On Nokia, I was accustomed to sequential phone log, meaning the phone numbers Received, Dialed, Missed) calls were displayed in sequential order (in the order they were logged). If I dialed a certain number 5 times in a row, it was displayed in a call log 5 times in the order it was dialed (plus easy clicking that log entry chowed call details).

On BB (both 9900 and 9000) getting call details is cumbersome and many clicks. But I could live with that. What i was accustomed at before was a simple fact that if I remembered somebody called me on Tuesday night and now it's Friday morning and I need to call that person now and I do not remember that person's number, on the Nokia I could easily scroll in the Received (or Dialed, or Missed, for that purpose) call log into the date/time I knew the person called me (or I called) and find the number easily.

On BB calls are grouped by number, so if I call certain number in the morning and then again in the evening, it would be displayed as the first number in the call log and all calls grouped under "History". But this makes it difficult to search call log based on the date/time I remember I received/made call.

How many times have I searched for a number of somebody whose number I forget but I knew I called him earlier that month (Nokia held MAAAAAAANY numbers, like a month or more worth of phone calls) i could just browse the log and find the number somehow.

On BB I cannot even find number I dialed/received call from yesterday (I make and receive many calls) and the number just gets lost among all numbers and grouped numbers and positioned into last number called, etc/

The point o my question is: is there any way to "UNGROUP" phone numbers in the log and have a sequential log of calls by the eact hour/date the call was made/received/missed instead of grouped and then displayed according to last time dialed/received (from) that number?

e.g. (as was in Nokia, sequential)
    A
    C
    B
    A
    B
    D
    E
    F
    C
    G
    A
    B
    A
    G
    H
    A

instead of (as is in BB 9900, grouped, last time called)

A-- A, A, A, A, A
    C-- C, C
    B-- B, B, B
    D-- D
    E-- E
    F-- F
    G-- G
    H-- H

Any way to do it / set it up directly on the BB9900, or at least any app that can organize the call log in the sequantial way? I tried searching the appworld but could not find description of any app that would display log in sequantial order.

Thank you!
    04-12-12 12:07 AM
    look in the messages folder. They are there chronologically.
    04-12-12 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD