I just tried to attach a video I took with my bold and there is no option to attach videos to a email. Can the 9930 send videos or just photos?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 10:48 AM
    Did you shoot the video in MMS mode or a higher resolution in the video options? If it's not an MMS shot video, it probably wont even give you the option to attach it. I haven't tried it myself but I imagine that's the case.
    08-27-11 10:50 AM
    Yes there's an approx 2.9MB limit for sending video. No way a HD or SVGA files gets sent.
    08-27-11 11:04 AM
    Is this going to change with a software update? I use to be able to do this on my droid incredible.

08-27-11 11:32 AM
    Is this going to change with a software update? I use to be able to do this on my droid incredible.

How big were the files on your droid?

The 9930 takes HD video....I shot 15-20 sec clips yesterday and they were 25-50mg in size. So it's the phones fault, right? Did you know that virtually any ISP/Email won't allow file attatchments that large?

So here's the deal:

1.) Yes you can email video files and you can also text them (see first screenshot below)
    2.) Depending on the file size, will determine what menu options you see when you go so send the file
    3.) If the video is too large, you won't have as many options. If it's a smaller file, your menu options expand....See #1.
    4.) Of the large files I had yesterday, I Bluetoothed them to my MAC and it worked flawlessly.

Bottom line: your recipient wouldn't be able to recieve them regardless. What it DOES allow (and you should actually try this, it's not hard I promise), you can select the option to upload to YouTube and problem solved if the file is too large. If not, send or text away!

Not a device issue! This thing ROCKS!

Last edited by Bold9930; 08-27-11 at 12:21 PM.
    08-27-11 11:37 AM
    Screen shots uploaded folks. Device works great and is very intelligent I might add!
    Last edited by Bold9930; 08-27-11 at 12:20 PM.
    08-27-11 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD