Hello everyone,

I have the new Bold 9930. Had anyone notice the Send Key and the BB Key slightly more sunken than the Back and End keys? Being right handed, I feel I have a better grip (feeling more solid/leveled) on the keys right of the Nav Sensor key, than on the Send and BB keys(?). Doesn't feel leveled to me for some reason but more sunken(?). How does it feel to you all?

Luminousfw
    08-31-11 03:25 PM
    or is the trackpad crooked?
    08-31-11 03:40 PM
    or is the trackpad crooked?

Mines not.

Luminousfw
    08-31-11 04:07 PM
    I even ordered a second model and even that feels the same to me - (?).

I think I'm going to go to the Verizon Store to look at other models. I still want to know if any other people notice this?

Luminousfw
    08-31-11 04:11 PM
    Last edited by iamfrancois; 03-15-16 at 04:26 PM.
    08-31-11 04:55 PM
    Mine sunk in after a few days but I would think it's normal. It a physical button so it's bound to have movement somewhat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 05:08 PM
    mine raised up a tiny amount over the last 2 weeks. not a big deal though, can just feel it occasionally
    08-31-11 05:12 PM
    Mine sunk in after a few days but I would think it's normal. It a physical button so it's bound to have movement somewhat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

But again for me. This was the original state of the device when received. Even the second one as well.

I certainly have to check the other devices in the stores.

Luminousfw
    08-31-11 05:29 PM
    But again for me. This was the original state of the device when received. Even the second one as well.

I certainly have to check the other devices in the stores.

Luminousfw
    For me, the back and end keys are actually sunken. It was easy to notice because the steel band seemed to be sticking out moreso on the right side, but after zooming in, I was able to find out that it is actually sunken down. My first phone had a trackpad squeeking issue, the replacement has the sunken keys issue. I uploaded a picture previously showing the problem. I'll try to find my old thread and post the picture here.

EDIT:

Old phone with normal clicking, not sunken end button:

New phone with silent clicking, sunken end button:

08-31-11 05:33 PM
    The screen appears to be a little sunken in and when you swipe down onto the lower panel you feel resistance. Very annoying. Makes the phone look cheap. I think eventually its going to crack. I'm going to place a screen protector and hopefully the plastic will provide some cushioning near the edges where the screen meets the lower panel.
    08-31-11 05:34 PM
    The screen appears to be a little sunken in and when you swipe down onto the lower panel you feel resistance. Very annoying. Makes the phone look cheap. I think eventually its going to crack. I'm going to place a screen protector and hopefully the plastic will provide some cushioning near the edges where the screen meets the lower panel.
    Needs replacement. A $500+ tax device shouldn't need a bandaid fix fix with a screen protector.
    bobj66 likes this.
    09-01-11 01:09 PM
    Needs replacement. A $500+ tax device shouldn't need a bandaid fix fix with a screen protector.
    I agree, but don't get a replacement yet.. I actually got a worse phone when getting it replaced.. They are switching the manufacturing area soon so it will no longer be made in Mexico and they will probably work out the minor kinks with it. Just wait a few months and then get a replacement and you should be good.. Same thing happened with my Bold 9650.. Kept getting problems, then everything was fixed 5 months later when holding off and ordering a replacement.
    09-01-11 01:38 PM
    I didn't see that publicized that Mexico was being replaced...any links? The danger is that the new plant is worse than Mexico or the inital run is bad until they work out the kinks. I'm been watching the Mexico build dates on boxes and the call-end panel, trackpad and menu key is better past Aug 20-11 from Mexico 4 for Roger builds.
    09-01-11 02:20 PM
    I didn't see that publicized that Mexico was being replaced...any links? The danger is that the new plant is worse than Mexico or the inital run is bad until they work out the kinks. I'm been watching the Mexico build dates on boxes and the call-end panel, trackpad and menu key is better past Aug 20-11 from Mexico 4 for Roger builds.
    Ohh they said that production started soon in a different place, I guess that necessarily doesn't mean that Mexico will STOP producing phones. I mainly meant that in due time, they will work out the kinks.
    09-01-11 09:38 PM
    Hopefully but all of the plants are producing similar results so I wouldn't hold your breath.
    09-01-11 09:42 PM
    i had a similar problem: the Send and Menu key button was so obviously sunken in that i can feel the inner side of the aluminium frame and the bottom of the screen when i touched that area. i went down to the shop to RMA, but they told me that it was a norm for the buttons to be sunken in? WTF. it is obviously a workmanship error right? and it is stated here in the "Handheld Limited Warranty" that "that the BlackBerry Hardware will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period that concludes one (1) year from the date that the BlackBerry Hardware was first purchased by YOU" what do you guys think?
    09-04-12 07:51 AM
    Sorry but $500 does not buy perfection, it only makes some people think it does.
    09-04-12 08:01 AM
    My screen is sunken in a good 2mm, you can see the bezel if you look at the phone flat. The buttons are protruding over the screen, so when you swipe down your finger catches the edge of the buttons.

Cheap build, but whatever. Ill take it apart eventually and fix it lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-04-12 03:53 PM
    Sorry but $500 does not buy perfection, it only makes some people think it does.
    we are not asking for perfection. in our case, a Significantly flawed good should not cost $500!
    09-04-12 08:44 PM
    Mine is flawless. Is the trackpad crooked or raised?
    09-04-12 10:56 PM
    Mine is flawless. Is the trackpad crooked or raised?
    no everything is fine except the sunken in send and menu key.
    09-05-12 03:43 AM
    How can they be sunken in? Those keys are all one piece.

Sent from my Bold 9900.
    09-05-12 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD