Ok so I had iPhones when they came out up until the 4, dabbled in WP7, WM, webOS, and I also had Android Since the G1 and have had each Nexus phone and others. I mainly use android and have a Galaxy Nexus now. While I was waiting to get my Galaxy Nexus a few months back my buddy gave me his BlackBerry Tour to use for a bit and liked it until I got my Nexus in December. After a while I started getting bored of android and realized out of the 200 something apps I have i only use about 10, after seeing the Bold 9930 and selling a few (Work at mobile store) I really started to like it and pulled the trigger on buying one (should be here tomorrow!!!). I stopped using my Nexus a few days ago and started using the Tour I am slowly falling in love with it and realized about 8 of the 10 apps I used on android are on BlackBerry but there are a few concerns I have.
    1. On my Tour it takes FOREVER to boot I know this is common in BlackBerrys but I'm wondering if it will be the same in the 9930?
    2. My G-Mail, one of the great things with Android is the G-Mail integration, I like the fact that I can scroll through and find emails from months ago but on the blackberry it only seems to give you email from the activation date, I know you can search but the search just seems bad on my Tour. Also I have the G-Mail apps downloaded on it but I hear it won't be compatible with OS7
    3. Proper Wikipedia App.
    4. Is the Web Browser better on it
    5. And last has anyone else made the jump from android to BB? any thoughts?

Sorry for the long rant Can't wait for my Bold!!!
    Last edited by mcp2009; 04-10-12 at 03:55 PM.
    04-10-12 03:06 PM
    I can answer a couple for you.

The boot time is much improved, more than cut in half of the older phones.

The web browser is a much better experience.

I've used several different phones myself and to me it is just about personal preference and your needs as to which platform best addresses those needs.
    04-10-12 03:14 PM
    I can answer a couple for you.

The boot time is much improved, more than cut in half of the older phones.

The web browser is a much better experience.

I've used several different phones myself and to me it is just about personal preference and your needs as to which platform best addresses those needs.
    Yea I guess that is true. Main reason I wanted to switch was because it had everything I used, sure there was more on android but I never used the apps. Also the keyboard on the Bold seems awesome
    04-10-12 03:33 PM
    For Gmail and Wikipedia just use the browser, works fine
    04-10-12 03:40 PM

1. On my Tour it takes FOREVER to boot I know this is common in BlackBerrys but I'm wondering if it will be the same in the 9930?

2. My G-Mail, one of the great things with Android is the G-Mail integration, I like the fact that I can scroll through and find emails from months ago but on the blackberry it only seems to give you email from the activation date, I know you can search but the search just seems bad on my Tour. Also I have the G-Mail apps downloaded on it but I here it won't be compatible with OS7

3. Proper Wikipedia App.

4. Is the Web Browser better on it

5. And last has anyone else made the jump from android to BB? any thoughts?

Sorry for the long rant Can't wait for my Bold!!!
    1. No, very quick now.

2. You can get any e-mail that is still on the mailbox server on your bold.

3. I have a wiki app. It does the job.

4. I find the web browser just as good as the one on the iphone and better than my old android phone.

5. I was on android for a while. It does take some getting used to, going from a complete touchscreen based phone and os. But the bold a brilliant phone and once you get to grips with it, you will find it more productive and more fun to use.

Enjoy your new phone!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-10-12 03:41 PM
    Also I have the G-Mail apps downloaded on it but I here it won't be compatible with OS7
    I don't use it very often and I don't have different mail directories setup on gmail, but the 2.0.7 version of gmail works on my 9900 with OS 7.1.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/#post6872631
    04-10-12 03:45 PM
    1. No, very quick now.

2. You can get any e-mail that is still on the mailbox server on your bold.

3. I have a wiki app. It does the job.

4. I find the web browser just as good as the one on the iphone and better than my old android phone.

5. I was on android for a while. It does take some getting used to, going from a complete touchscreen based phone and os. But the bold a brilliant phone and once you get to grips with it, you will find it more productive and more fun to use.

Enjoy your new phone!

Mind sharing the name of that wiki app?
    And as far as the email to my knowledge it only syncs emails from when the BB was activated. For example I activate a blackberry today and sync my G-Mail emails i get today are on my BB but emails from 2 days ago I have to use the search function for
    04-10-12 03:54 PM
    Wikipedia. Costs £1. Search wiki in app world. I use it a lot so its worth it for me. You can always create a shortcut on your home page though direct to the wiki website.

Sorry, yes the email, you have to search for old email. But as you've said, you still have access to any that is saved on the mailbox. Never been an issue for me.

04-10-12 04:37 PM
    Wikipedia. Costs �1. Search wiki in app world. I use it a lot so its worth it for me. You can always create a shortcut on your home page though direct to the wiki website.

Sorry, yes the email, you have to search for old email. But as you've said, you still have access to any that is saved on the mailbox. Never been an issue for me.

The only wikipedia app I found was just a link to the mobile site sadly.
    There was also one thing i was wondering and that was about youtube. I have the youtube player app and it's good but you have to pay for HQ Video. Does the mobile site work fine and does it do high quality?
    04-10-12 11:16 PM
    The only wikipedia app I found was just a link to the mobile site sadly.

There was also one thing i was wondering and that was about youtube. I have the youtube player app and it's good but you have to pay for HQ Video. Does the mobile site work fine and does it do high quality?

Not for me, but I'm in the uk so it might be different for you. You could try loading the desktop site. Not an issue for me as I use my BB for its communication not media capabilities.

04-11-12 04:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD