G'day all,

I may have found a buyer for my bold 9900 so I can upgrade to a Z10. I did read up on the blackberry support site on steps required when selling a device

KB05099-Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

I am a little unclear though about the whole blackberry.net address steps...I called Rogers to inquire whether there was anything they needed to do before I sell it, and they mentioned only to do a security wipe on the device. but the article seems to mention there are things that need to be done on the carrier account, when using BIS and blackberry.net address.

Currently, I am using my rogers.blackberry.net address... and receive emails, but I can give it up, since I'm using it for notifications only from a website. I am also using it as my blackberry world ID, but I understand this can also be changed as well....

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks for the help! Hopefully this works out and I'll be sporting a new Z10 soon. :-)
    02-20-13 03:39 PM
    Nope just do a security wipe as they mentioned, i have been using and selling second hand BBs most of my BB experience...all carrier devices Bell, Telus, Rogers...as long as your personal info. is wiped the device becomes clean and ready to use with anyone`s sim card as long as its unlocked..
    02-20-13 07:47 PM
    Just a factory reset will take care of everything, put your mind at ease!
    02-21-13 12:12 AM
    Yeah that will take it all of. Nothing to worry about. If u include the memory card then also format that.
    02-21-13 12:42 AM
    G'day all,
    (...)
    Currently, I am using my rogers.blackberry.net address... and receive emails, but I can give it up, since I'm using it for notifications only from a website. I am also using it as my blackberry world ID, but I understand this can also be changed as well....
    (...)
    You may want to turn on the emails forward in the options for your rogers.blackberry.net address to your usual emails address. This way you will not loose any messages received on blackberry.net address.
    02-21-13 04:00 AM
    Thanks for all the replies... Yeah the guy might be a no show...hasn't replied to my emails but was eager to buy it. Go figure.

any difference between a factory reset and security wipe?

I'd be including the sim card with phone, since the Z10 uses and includes a micro sim...

Thanks again

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapathumbs
    02-21-13 07:28 AM
    (...)
    I'd be including the sim card with phone, since the Z10 uses and includes a micro sim...(...)

Isn't the SIM card connected to your number ? Why would you want to give it together with the phone to someone ?
    Even if it will be deactivated when you get the micro-SIM, I would not give it to anyone.
    02-21-13 08:54 AM
    I would not give my sim card either. The buyer will get his own. The sd card I would make sure I formatted if I was letting it go but, myself I would keep that too and put a new one in, if part of the deal.
    02-21-13 09:25 AM
    The rogers agent told me the number would be transferred to the new device on their end, so I didn't need to keep the sim card, especially since I wouldn't be able to use it in the Z10.

02-21-13 11:35 AM
    The rogers agent told me the number would be transferred to the new device on their end, so I didn't need to keep the sim card, especially since I wouldn't be able to use it in the Z10.

The SIM cards can only be activated on one account and once activated cannot be moved to another account, so your old SIM card is of no use to the buyer. The buyer's carrier will give him a SIM card for the phone if he asks nicely, especially at one of the corporate stores, such as a Rogers Plus.

When you choose the security wipe, you can choose the option to leave the apps. All your personal data will be erased, but the buyer will not have to re-download all the Apps that would get erased with the full security wipe.
    02-21-13 11:46 AM
    Ahh...good to know. No point giving away the sim card then...

In any case, buyer found another phone. So I'm thinking of reducing my asking price to equal my upgrade fee of $150. That should generate some interest. :-)

02-21-13 02:52 PM
    Do a full security wipe but before you start make sure email and apps is checked and then get cracking start the security wipe it should take you 15 to 20mins or so.

After the wipe is 100% remove both or your cards Micro card and Sim card

Find the original box and all the extra hardware and paper work and get rid of it

You should be able to get at the very least $200.00 cash anything over $200 cash is bonus for a used Bold 9900

A brand new sealed Bold 9900 sells around $400.00 cash in the current market

That's brand new and sealed!

The Z10's and Q10's will be dropping to around $500.00 brand new and sealed around by June 2013

Regards,
    Tom

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
    02-21-13 04:23 PM