I have reported that my first blackberry 9900 was bricked only one week after use, the second one was replaced by warranty, now I have a second blackberry bricked with exactly the same issue. Red Led light turn on and wont turn on.

I will post photos and videos so that people can see this is real, I will show photos of the second blackberry because I did not took photos of the first one.

Maybe the issue is appearing because people is charging their blackberry bold 9900 with other chargers, I say this because yesterday I was low on battery and I use a car charger from a friend to recharge it, then at night I left the blackberry 9900 and today it appear with the same issue.

Do you think that bricked blackberrys 9900 are because something inside the phone was affected by using another charger?

If there is a blackberry tech that wants to know something about this issue or someone want me to do a test on the blackberry please post it because I am going again to try to fix it before going to the carrier company.
    11-13-11 08:28 AM
    I've used my 9930 on car charger AND my playbook charger.. hasn't caused my JVM errors..
    11-13-11 08:43 AM
    used whatever charger i can get a hand on and had not had any issues. though I am staying away from the iPad charger just to be extra safe.

at the office I have to literally lie about not having my charger as people can't seem to bring their own - as I will need to charge mine because I can't stand having mine go below 50%
    11-13-11 08:55 AM
    I have reported that my first blackberry 9900 was bricked only one week after use, the second one was replaced by warranty, now I have a second blackberry bricked with exactly the same issue. Red Led light turn on and wont turn on.

I will post photos and videos so that people can see this is real, I will show photos of the second blackberry because I did not took photos of the first one.

Maybe the issue is appearing because people is charging their blackberry bold 9900 with other chargers, I say this because yesterday I was low on battery and I use a car charger from a friend to recharge it, then at night I left the blackberry 9900 and today it appear with the same issue.

Do you think that bricked blackberrys 9900 are because something inside the phone was affected by using another charger?

If there is a blackberry tech that wants to know something about this issue or someone want me to do a test on the blackberry please post it because I am going again to try to fix it before going to the carrier company.
    I charge my 9930 with a PlayBook charger which is officially stated to be compatible and mine went out. I never used a charger of another brand though.

Btw, if you could, would you mind posting the PRD # of your bricked device in this thread? I'm trying to find some patterns with the bricked devices to see what's going on. Thanks, and sorry about your 9900.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/comparison-image-old-bricked-9930-vs-replacement-668999/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 09:29 AM
    Could you please post your PRD number at: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cement-668999/

This will help us a lot.... Thank you.
    Chrisy and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    11-13-11 09:44 AM
    @ the OP...have you ever tried to revive your devices using the DM or loader.exe?
    11-13-11 10:37 AM
    Adding thread to list:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hreads-668265/

Thanks.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-13-11 at 10:44 AM.
    salexs11 likes this.
    11-13-11 10:42 AM
    Welcome to the club :/
    Last edited by stunna2010; 11-13-11 at 12:10 PM.
    11-13-11 12:08 PM
    Do these posts ever reach Canada?

11-14-11 01:49 AM
    I believe they do, yes.
    11-14-11 01:50 AM
    We Canadians are now receiving most countries over the Internet!

I think you meant to ask if anyone at RIM is reviewing these posts... Crackberry is not an official manufacturer's forum, so afaik there isn't any official RIM presence here. They might check it out every so often but I suspect that for the most part we're just chatting amongst ourselves.

There ARE official manufacturer forums under blackberry.com. They can be quite helpful and RIM does seem to participate in those.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-14-11 03:47 AM
    Yes, of course, that is what I meant. Has this issues been aired thereon? Any RIM respinse? Thanks.

11-14-11 04:57 AM
    There is an active thread over at supportforums.blackberry.com called Dead Bold 9900:
    Dead Bold 9900 !!! - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I did a quick peek and it looks like many posters are saying "why isn't RIM listening to us??". So RIM oversight of their own forums may be minimal!

As always, the best way to get customer service is to pick up the phone and try to speak to someone at RIM about your specific issue.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-14-11 07:46 AM

Ever wonder if it's something YOU did that is bricking them?
    11-14-11 08:57 AM
    I have also posted a thread in the blackberry forums and one user post a direct link to a news that talk about this issue.

I don't think I am doing something wrong with the blackberry, this is a software issue.

Why blackberry 9900 does not have a reset key to use it in this cases.
    11-14-11 09:05 AM
    Here are some photos of the second bricked blackberry bold 9900.

Also I have videos taken with an iphone 4S, later if I have time I will upload them to youtube.

If you see the green battery indicator is because I have left the blackberry with the red led light all day and I got that indicator, the other indicator is without the battery.

Later I will post a photo of the serial number from the old blackberry because I keep the box, my carrier only wants the phone to give me another one.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-14-11 06:53 PM
    Ever wonder if it's something YOU did that is bricking them?
    Typical response from a glorified BB fanboy.

The bricking issue that is plaguing 9900/9930 phones is REAL. The phone is a poorly engineered POS. Accept reality and get over it.
    11-15-11 03:13 PM
    I have had 2 9900's so far. I Purchased a Rogers 9900 the day it came out and a Bell Mobility 9990 a month later. Both are unlocked. Neither one has Bricked. I install third party software, uninstall software, Offficial OS's, leaked OS's all the time. No issues whatsoever. I always backup data first of course, I wipe the phone(even though some don't think its necessary) with BBSAK, load the new OS with Blackberry Desktop 7.0, restore all data, reinstall all the third party software either via OTA or side loaded with BBSAK. If you need help just ask.
    11-16-11 12:31 PM

At least Telus upper management is aware of these issues after I, yep, myself, show those people this site and Telus already contacted the RIM. So, I am sure that RIM seen some of the Crackberry forums stuff even though they will never acknowledge it.

Also, its cold up here in Canada. When two beer drinking maple tree huggers are not working hard at RIM as co-CEOs, I bet they are reading these posts! LOL
    11-16-11 12:48 PM
    Here are some photos of the second bricked blackberry bold 9900.

Also I have videos taken with an iphone 4S, later if I have time I will upload them to youtube.

If you see the green battery indicator is because I have left the blackberry with the red led light all day and I got that indicator, the other indicator is without the battery.

Later I will post a photo of the serial number from the old blackberry because I keep the box, my carrier only wants the phone to give me another one.
    Thank you for posting these images with PRD number on the back. Could you please post your PRD number, service provider and country of origin at: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cement-668999/ It looks like PRD-39473-071 Made in Mexico 4

Thanks.
    11-16-11 12:51 PM
    Got my 3rd blackberry Bold 9900.

It is getting funny to have so many new phones. I know that with version .540 you can revive the bold 9900 but it is fun to have a new phone every week.

The only problem is waiting over 30 minutes for having a new one, but you have to relax and enjoy having a new phone so often.

What is not funny is loosing your information every time it bricks, because of this a daily backup is necessary.
    11-16-11 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD