I'm assuming that applying a plastic screen protector to the 9900 will not affect the touch screen functionality? I've always protected my smartphones with the Invisible Shield from Zagg.com.... Don't want to stop the trend with my first touch screen device. Being is that Zagg has been making the Invisible Shield for iPhones and various other touch screen devices, I am assuming it will not be an issue with this device?

Anyone have any experience using screen protector on touch screen devices? Thoughts? Comments?
    07-13-11 05:53 PM
    got 1 on mine, works fine. the best bb touch screen so far, they done good with this 1 nothing compared to the storm or torch!! which are in my opinion horrible
    07-13-11 06:26 PM
    I'm hoping to see some more answer from folks using Invisible Shield or other "high-end" brands, esp. on the 9850/60 series phones. Coming from a 9650, I've not had to worry about how they affect touch screen functionality before this.

Since I've worn out my welcome at the local Verizon store and obsessively checked all the threads trying to see when Vzw will release the 9850, I've turned to pre-ordering accessories like cradles, cases, etc
    08-28-11 11:36 AM
    I'm using Tru Protection that I bought from best buy. Works and looks really well with the touchscreen and a very reasonable price ($20 and there's two in the box)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 12:52 PM
    Do these high end protectors alter the screen brightness or image quality? I'd hate to lose that georgeous screen quality (but i'd also hate to scratch that beautiful screen)
    08-28-11 01:13 PM
    Zagg invisi-shield is on mine and works wonderfully! No decrease in brightness or feel. Works great!
    08-28-11 01:17 PM
    I was a huge fan of the Power Support Crystal Clear screen protectors (iPhone 4), but have gone back to Zagg for now. Not bad for brightness or feel.
    08-28-11 01:33 PM
    Do these high end protectors alter the screen brightness or image quality? I'd hate to lose that georgeous screen quality (but i'd also hate to scratch that beautiful screen)
    I just installed one and it makes anything white like in the browser have rainbow colored particles. So it affected the image quality big time.

But I just installed it temporarily as I can't find any decent ones.

Maybe in a month's time Ill put a new one of higher quality.

PS: At anyone who is wanting to install the Zagg InvisiShield...it has a very ugly Zagg logo on the bottom right of the screen. I canceled my order and got a refund as soon I saw someone on these forums show us how ugly it is.
    08-28-11 02:55 PM
    I just installed one and it makes anything white like in the browser have rainbow colored particles. So it affected the image quality big time.

But I just installed it temporarily as I can't find any decent ones.

Maybe in a month's time Ill put a new one of higher quality.

PS: At anyone who is wanting to install the Zagg InvisiShield...it has a very ugly Zagg logo on the bottom right of the screen. I canceled my order and got a refund as soon I saw someone on these forums show us how ugly it is.
    Such a load of crap. No halo effect if installed correctly. The ZAGG print is tiny and can't be seen when screen is off and hardly seen when on. Don't blow this out of perspective.
    08-28-11 03:03 PM
    Such a load of crap. No halo effect if installed correctly. The ZAGG print is tiny and can't be seen when screen is off and hardly seen when on. Don't blow this out of perspective.
    If you think this is ok:

Then good for you. I think it looks fugly and I will not accept to have any branding on my shiny new 9900

ZAGG "Not So Invisible" invisibleSHIELD Screen Protector - BerryReview
    wordy likes this.
    08-28-11 03:15 PM
    Have Invisible Shield on mine...looks fine...just take your time putting it on and keep hands clean...obviously.
    08-28-11 03:19 PM
    i have in my draw sitting for ages Zagg's protector for Bold 9000. Is it good to go for 9900 ?
    08-28-11 03:27 PM
    I installed a Case Mate screen protector, and i removed it after 3 seconds:
    1: it doesnt cover the screen edges, so it always shows and stares u in the face (not like the CaPDAse one for iphone for example).
    2: white and other colors look a bit blurred and the image quality is well reduced.

What brands are there besides Zagg? and any ones out there cover the screen fully on all edges?
    09-05-11 08:37 AM
    Zagg has produced good screen protectors, but the new logo at the bottom is a "killer" and if u get annoyed by it... It will "ruin" alot for u as its always there.
    It doesnt affect the touch as I havent had any issues nor any friends with em on theyre phones, but ONE annoying thing, is that it collect dirt or whatever u wanna call it in the edges over time which sucks! but overall its a good screen protector u can prolly say that about many, but I have just experience in using zagg tho
    09-05-11 08:50 AM
    anyone use an anti-glare "matte" screen protector? was thinking of using one to fight off finger prints
    09-05-11 10:06 AM
    i have the screen protector that verizon sells in the 3-pack...works great and does not alter brightness. also, with a proper cloth, fingerprints wipe right off. the screen is so bright that i have it turned down to 30%. i am anxious for a privacy screen to come out already...dont they make them for the iphone? i dont want the mirrored look, just the same type of privacy i had on my 9650.
    09-05-11 11:15 AM
    I have an ishield on mine, with the Obox defender. I wasn't too impressed with the the one they provided, and I wanted a screen protector anyway.
    09-05-11 11:18 AM
    09-05-11 11:22 AM
    i just bought the regular screen protector that Verizon sells and it works just fine. Granted I didnt even though the screen without it first so I do know what it would feel like before or after I put the protector on.
    09-05-11 11:29 AM
    Signed up here to say that "Tru" protection screen protectors for the 9900 absolutely suck! Sure the feel is great and all but when you tilt the screen from side to side it creates a crappy rainbow pixel effect. It degrades the quality so much that I took it off and threw it in the garbage. Just ordered some "BodyGuardz" protectors and hopefully that one has better quality. Being a professional photographer I am very picky about screen quality on my devices.
    Last edited by sobanb; 09-05-11 at 11:45 AM.
    09-05-11 11:38 AM
    Signed up here to say that "Tru" protection screen protectors for the 9900 absolutely suck! Sure the feel is great and all but when you tilt the screen from side to side it creates a crappy rainbow pixel effect. It degrades the quality so much that I took it off and threw it in the garbage. Just ordered some "BodyGuardz" protectors and hopefully that one has better quality. Being a professional photographer I am very picky about screen quality on my devices.
    I was thinking of getting one but now I'm not so sure :s
    09-05-11 11:56 AM
    if youd like to protect your screen just buy the ones from verizon...i think they are just as good as the plain screen, although i only spent 1 night without a cover...
    09-05-11 12:16 PM
    I use just a cheapy one I got off ebay. I paid �3.50 for six. Fit perfectly and don't affect the screen at all
    09-05-11 12:32 PM
    anyone use an anti-glare "matte" screen protector? was thinking of using one to fight off finger prints
    The anti-glare protectors do cut down glare and finger prints, and feel nice on the finger when swiping. But the screen does look a little duller with it on as a trade off.
    09-05-11 01:18 PM
    If you think this is ok:

Then good for you. I think it looks fugly and I will not accept to have any branding on my shiny new 9900

ZAGG "Not So Invisible" invisibleSHIELD Screen Protector - BerryReview
    i dont know how yours got that logo on there, but i just got my Zagg full body protection on my 9930 and i have no logos on mine at all. Its practically invisible and I have done a very hard key scratch test while on my evo and works flawlessly. it does add a rubbery texture that gives you a good grip but you lose the feel of the lovely materials.
    09-05-11 02:03 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD