I just got switched to Verizon and got the new Bold. What's the best screen protector for the Bold? Can I get something cheaper and just as good from, say, Walmart as I can from the Verizon store?
    09-25-11 06:21 AM
    ...I was originally using the Terrapin Safe & Sound screen protector pack, which comes w/ (I think - can't remember exactly now) 5 or 6 screens, and that was fine, no problems. I then bought the Otterbox Commuter case and decided to try the protector that came w/ that and that's been absolutely problem-free too.
    09-25-11 06:30 AM
    martin fields
    it comes with butteon and camera protector as well
    very nice.
    09-25-11 09:44 AM
    there are quite a few threads on this (I actually made one the other day) so try searching..

i am using the protector that came with my otterbox defender and its been fine. Also I would highly recommend the otterbox commuter (oddly enough thats the case I am using now)- its an amazing case and makes the phone like 100x cooler and better lookin

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...covers-652692/
    09-25-11 10:25 AM
    I have been using cheap 2 buck screen protectors from Amazon. They install ok,but probably dont look as good as some others. Sometimes when the touchscreen doesnt respond well I wonder if it might have to do with the screen protector. Be sure to get a decent case that wraps around all the edges too. Verizon is taking a hard line on returns for warranted phones. Any scuffing or marking of the edges and they will say you dropped you phone, voiding the manufacturers warranty. This is my recent experience with them concerning my wifes phone she kept in a holster but the top was exposed to minor skuffs and scratches.
    09-25-11 10:42 AM
    how about zagg invisible shield?
    09-25-11 11:26 AM
    how about zagg invisible shield?
    http://m.bing.com/search?q=zagg+invisible+shield+review+forums+9900+ 9930&qs=n&FORM=BRABSS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 12:09 PM
    Check out Cell Phone Skins & Protective Covers - iPhone Skins, Blackberry Skins, iPod Skins, Apple Laptop Skins - Best Skins Ever One of the cell phone salesmen at Bestbuy tipped me off. I came right home, went to the site, and @ three days later I had my phone, BB 9930, protected. It was easy to install, and best of all. The togal price, standard shipping, was $10!
    09-25-11 12:12 PM
    Bestskinsever!
    09-25-11 01:59 PM
    I did a lot of research on the net before I went and bought one for my 9900 being a touch device! Apparently I have seen many and turns out that you can get decent protectors everywhere. Basically they are all the same although yes cheap quality are too available thanks to China.
    If you are in US, try to get your hands on CLARIVUE screen protectors apparently people I spoke to say its the best. I wish I could have one too!
    I have a good protector nicely cutout to match the screen of Clear View type. I saw the anti finger print/matte type on some other phone was not happy with loss of clarity so I chose clear view at end of day I can always wipe the prints of and the screen still looks awesome and is protected from scratches!!
    09-25-11 02:26 PM
    I use the "Smartphone Experts Screen Protectors (2-Pack) for BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930.* **Look it up on ShopCrackberry and you'll find them. They are also reusable and I've had one on mt screen along with the OtterBox Commuter and both have saved me a few times already!* * *
    List Price:*$19.95
    Price:*$12.95
    You Save:*$7.00 (35% Off)
    Flat Rate Shipping Only $5.95
    Part# A8843
    Mnf# BZ-HB99-0811S
    In Stock
    Want it by Tuesday, September 27? Order it within the next 24 hours and 18 minutes and choose Next Day Shipping.

Product Description

Smartphone Experts Screen Protectors not only protects your display, they also enhance it!

The screen protector's unique material enhances your screen by reducing the distractive glare that is caused by reflected light. The surface is not textured like other screen protectors, so the smooth feel of your BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 display is left unchanged.

These screen protectors are very easy to apply and remove. Unlike other screen protectors, you don't have to apply it perfectly on the first try! Simply remove the screen protector using a piece of scotch tape, and try again! If dust gets trapped under the screen protector, simply wash it away with water and apply again.

Features:

Anti-Glare
    Protects sensitive display against scratches
    Dust repelling
    Fingerprint free
    Washable and reusable
    Includes 2 custom screen protectors
    Works with: BlackBerry Bold 9930, Bold 9900
    Last edited by keyhole; 09-25-11 at 03:32 PM.
    09-25-11 03:04 PM
    I used SGP on my iphone. Decided to try it on the 9930 with a full body all around. I didn't use all around, just the back battery door and use an anti fingerprint and it is imo the best. Really easy to put on and it really blends.
    09-26-11 01:27 AM
    Contrary to what some people recommend here, I don't like bestskinsever at all, and if you're going for the anti glare version, clarivue is not the best choice either. The one from SGP is quite good though, the steinheil series.
    09-26-11 02:09 AM
    SGP is the way to go
    09-26-11 02:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD