Been happening for a while. Took me some time to figure out what the variable was.

Turns out, whenever the phone is in a warm/hot place, the screen goes out completely. Battery pulls do nothing, only time will fix it. Doesn't matter if the battery is fully charged or not.

Has anyone else seen this?
    06-18-12 11:17 AM
    i am having exactly the same problem. anyone put some light on it. been facing this for couple of days now. it only displays when kept near the AC or in the refrigerator for sometime. And when it starts to display, everything operates normally.
    06-18-12 08:29 PM
    Bad circuit on the board when it expands in heat???
    06-18-12 08:36 PM
    had the same problem, got worse and worse. sent it away, and they sent me back a brand new fone.
    06-18-12 08:42 PM
    had the same problem, got worse and worse. sent it away, and they sent me back a brand new fone.
    I've got a new one coming.
    06-18-12 08:59 PM
    unfortunately, my device is not under warranty. So, will have to know the cause in order to get it repaired.
    06-18-12 09:00 PM
    Does anyone know what could be the problem??
    06-19-12 07:43 AM
    Does anyone know what could be the problem??
    Its either the display or the circuit board. I don't think there is any third party source for the main boards, so your only choices would be to get your carrier to send it away for repair or try installing a new display/touchcreen/ assembly. They are about $50 on Ebay. You need to make sure you get the right series for your specific phone. I think the number is on the display ribbon cable. Do a search here and you will find a few threads on replacing the display.

Just a guess, but if you can connect to the phone from BlackBerry Desktop Manager and do the sync and Backup operations while the phone display is not working, it may mean the main board is good and your problem is the display.

US Blackberry Bold 9900 LCD Display Screen + Touch Digitizer Assembly 001/111 | eBay
    Last edited by robsteve; 06-20-12 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Spelling
    addicted123 likes this.
    06-19-12 01:17 PM
    yes yes everything works absolutely fine, the problem just dims the screen to the point where one can barely see anything. hope its just the lcd problem will get it checked by the professional tomorrow.

Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by addicted123; 06-19-12 at 06:30 PM.
    06-19-12 04:40 PM
    LCD, i had the same issue and replaced my LCD. The phone would work great while the phone was in AC or in front of a fan, but one it warmed up, the screen would dim making it difficult to see.

Change your LCD and you should be all set. My phone was bought second hand and hence had no warranty.

Good luck!
    06-20-12 05:07 PM
    yayy, changed the LCD and everything seems to be working great. thanks guys
    06-20-12 07:30 PM
    Anyone find a fix for this without having to replace the lcd? Just stumbled upon this, having the same issue. Trying to avoid taking my phone apart for the time being.
    07-24-12 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD