THIS IS HOW YOU UPDATE YOUR SOFTWARE IF YOUR DESKTOP MANAGER NEVER SHOWS UPDATES.

PLUS FOR BOLD 9900 FIXES THE BLACK LOCKED SCREEN WHEN MAKING CALLS ON HANDSET.

YOUR WELCOME

1) If you cannot update your bold 9900 on desktop manager you must delete DM(desktop manager) + the research in motion folder in program files + the research in motion folder in the common files folder. Then clean your registry (ccleaner best) restart PC, download and install DM again.

2) find a copy of any official or leaked OS you want. I just installed OS 7.0.0.503
    Downloads - BlackBerryOS.com download and install it. Then reboot PC again. After reboot go to step 3

3) open folders program files - common files - research in motion - apploader - delete the vendor.xml file at the bottom.

4) reboot again.

5) now open DM and plug phone in. It may say new device just wait a bit and click cancel.

6) a window will pop up asking you to update. just click update later because you will want to back up your phone just in case the auto back up doesn't work when you do the update.

7) now click the update should be a button right on the main screen. update should only take 8 - 15 minutes. Wait till it says ok to disconnect.

8) once disconnected dont get alarmed if your home screen picture is only covering half the screen, Now lets do a battery pull and wait.

9) might get a bunch of the garbage RIM intro videos just skip your way through, all your email accts, bbm, bbm groups should be back online in no time as well if your enterprise it will initialize on its own.

10) now go to pictures and set your wallpaper again to your favorite picture and it will be back to full screen again.

AND thats it easy peazy.

This update fixed the annoying proximity sensor issue where the phone would go black when making a call. Now it works like it should black when near face and lit up when away. * awesome !

Update Probably did more but thats all I cared about at this point.

BOLD 9900 BEST BB TO DATE
    11-12-11 01:51 AM
    Thanks for this!

I'll try it this weekend when I have the time (and sanity) to do so.

And I thought I was the only one who had the damn proximity sensor/blacked out/locked out screen-when-making-a-call problem.
    11-12-11 03:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD