I am always careful with my phones, I also keep my blackberry in the leather pouch that came with the phone and while charging the phone at night I always keep it on something soft, already after about a week of owning the phone there are visible scratches on the back and on the screen!! Anybody else??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-11 03:11 PM
    Some have claimed the oem pouch scratches the screen. Mine has been in the oem pouch for 3 weeks, not a single scratch.
    10-02-11 03:19 PM
    Had my 9900 for a week now and no scratches yet!!
    10-02-11 03:26 PM
    I am always careful with my phones, I also keep my blackberry in the leather pouch that came with the phone and while charging the phone at night I always keep it on something soft, already after about a week of owning the phone there are visible scratches on the back and on the screen!! Anybody else??

Wow there was a video of some guy on here trying to scratch his screen using keys scraping the screen and he could not. But you got screen scratches from normal use?
    10-02-11 03:32 PM
    Wow there was a video of some guy on here trying to scratch his screen using keys dinging and stabbing the screen and he could not. But you got screen scratches from normal use?
    Yes from normal use :/ I always keep it in the leather pouch when its in my pocket and when I'm not using it, there is nothing in my pocket with it, and only about 3 days ago I took off the screen cover that was on the phone when I got it, I have a big scratch on the top right of my screen

10-02-11 03:35 PM
    battery cover - this will scratch just by looking at it.
    screen - your experience surprises me.
    10-02-11 03:57 PM
    Wow there was a video of some guy on here trying to scratch his screen using keys scraping the screen and he could not. But you got screen scratches from normal use?
    Let's all go free and naked. The only way to make full use of a mobile device!

10-02-11 04:24 PM
    i scratched the chrome of mine today when i droped my bold on the table. at the same time a little bit of me died inside
    10-02-11 05:15 PM
    This is why you put it in an otter box on day 1 with a screen protector...gotta learn how to protect your baby!

10-02-11 05:29 PM
    On all my devices I use Otterbox Defender Cases, Im getting one this weekend for my Playbook! First I have to save a bit for that one.....
    10-02-11 06:25 PM
    Yes from normal use :/ I always keep it in the leather pouch when its in my pocket and when I'm not using it, there is nothing in my pocket with it, and only about 3 days ago I took off the screen cover that was on the phone when I got it, I have a big scratch on the top right of my screen

Wow that sucks. I got a skin case ASAP after getting mine since I knew I'd drop it at some point. Also installed a screen protector on day 1. I never use the stock holsters either. I have a "loose" custom leather pouch I use on all my phones. I do not like anything that grips too tightly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-02-11 07:42 PM
    Cases can cause hairlines and other damage to your phone as well. Hard cover cases will mess up your metal band around your phone if put on/taken off wrong. Other cases if dust is in them and you just snap it on without cleaning it will also damage your phone.

Its hard to avoid these type of things tho.

10-02-11 07:59 PM
    i scratched the chrome of mine today when i droped my bold on the table. at the same time a little bit of me died inside
    You need psychiatric help and a life - seriously.
    10-02-11 08:34 PM
    biggest tip i can give anyone, get a screen protector, and put it on the back cover of the phone, you`ll need to trim it to fit, but its worth it definitley. best part is you can use any generic one due to the trimming so you should pay a little less too
    10-02-11 08:35 PM
    Lol @ otterbox, phone looks ridiculous in it and its a bit of an over kill. I never use anything but a 99 cent screen protector from ebay same on staples sells for 30 bucks. If you bought the phone because of what it looks like when will you look at it if its in a ******** otterbox 10 inch plastic shield lol. 99 cent protector and leather pouch.

10-02-11 08:42 PM
    No scratches on the screen yet, but have plenty on the back. But, I expected it... Most glossy back designs screw up pretty damn quickly.

10-02-11 09:27 PM
    Lol @ otterbox, phone looks ridiculous in it and its a bit of an over kill. I never use anything but a 99 cent screen protector from ebay same on staples sells for 30 bucks. If you bought the phone because of what it looks like when will you look at it if its in a ******** otterbox 10 inch plastic shield lol. 99 cent protector and leather pouch.

I can definitely understand this about the Defender series, but I happen to find the Commuter series to be quite sleek and attractive.

But, that's just me.

10-02-11 09:29 PM
    It's a frickin phone, time to grow up!
    10-02-11 09:38 PM
    Let's all go free and naked. The only way to make full use of a mobile device!

Yeah but then without the proper support you get testicular torsion and that is no fun
    10-02-11 09:45 PM
    I use kevins solution and it works just fine, the small plastic rubber case and the 9000 holster. I bought the wrong holster apparently but kevin was wrong, it works just fine.
    10-02-11 09:47 PM
    I respectfly refuse
    10-02-11 09:49 PM

Its a $290 device that I have to pay a monthly fee on for two years... Sorry, but I'm gonna cater the **** out of the thing till my contract is up.

Even if it means ******** about small scratches!

Sent from my CrackBerry 9930
    10-02-11 10:08 PM
    I guess at the end of two years you can sell a scratch free phone for more than a scratched one

10-02-11 10:10 PM
    Yeah but then without the proper support you get testicular torsion and that is no fun
    Venture Bros?
    10-02-11 10:17 PM
    I guess at the end of two years you can sell a scratch free phone for more than a scratched one

That is, essentially, the main idea. :P

Sent from my CrackBerry 9930
    10-02-11 10:21 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD