I know there are a million threads on this topic and I've gone to all of them and tried near everything, but let me tell you my story down to the last detail and perhaps you all have a solution I have somehow missed.

Last couple of days my blackberry 9900 has been sort of killing itself during overnight charges, and when I do a battery pull in the morning it sorts itself out. This morning I had the red light of doom, wherein it stays on for several seconds then shuts itself off repeatedly. I figured this was a common occurrence so I searched the web.

I tried:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-today-681819/

However, I suffered the same error on the JVM point of the initialization. The reboot sequence seems to stop during the update, however it starts again when it tries to initialize. I tried the fix with the latest 7.1 os and with the os recommended in the thread, 7.0.544. I also tried the little trick with leaving the battery out until the initialization phase to no avail.

Furthermore, in the off chance that the vendor.xml file was causing the problem, I ran the lovely little batch file created by Hatax here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-657276/

Also with no success.

I've tried it through AppLoader as well as DM. I'm really, genuinely at a loss of what to do. Everytime it says the same error message during reconnecting to JVM, which is "Apploader was not able to connect to the device, please re-connect the device, enter the password, if required, and click Retry." As far as I know I don't have a password. I've been told to run apploader with the /nojvm in the command line but no one has reported success and if we're being totally honest I dont know how to do that on windows 7.

I understand that these threads must be tiring but I live in Sweden right now and my BB 9900 comes from AT&T in the states, and BBM is one of my primary methods of communication with my girlfriend while Im abroad. A fix that doesn't require send my BB back to the US, then to RIM, then back to Sweden, saving me a lot of money and even more time would be lifechanging. If you need any more information on my problem please let me know and I would be happy to provide it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this plea.

EDIT: got my phone in january.
    Edit2: Windows 7, not vista. herp.
    Edit3: My DM thinks my phone has the manufacture OS but since trying to update to 7.1 apploader thinks it has 7.1 and that I'm downgrading. I also don't get PIN: Unknown but rather my phone's specific pin on the apploader.

edit4: Ran my apploader with /nojvm but it decided to run the reconnecting to jvm anyway. That doesn't seem to be the problem though, upon initialization it goes through the reboot cycle anyway, as though my phone wasn't fixed by the update at all. This suggests to me that updating it is not sorting out the problem. My computer keeps making the disconnected noise when it turns off and connected when it tries to reboot again. Does anyone have any other ideas to sort this out? I've spent the last four hours trying to make this work and my soul is starting to hurt.

Edit 5: On the apploader my pin appears, I connect, it disappears and then appears again as the bb reboots but it notices it anyway. The only time it leaves the rebooting process is during the updating. Upon the initialization process is when the reboot cycle returns.

Edit 6: During the reboot sequence nothing shows up, it seems to appear to turn itself on and then murder its own face off and turn off repeatedly.
    Last edited by Mach1av3ll1; 04-26-12 at 07:52 AM.
    04-26-12 06:52 AM
    If you know how to run loader all you have to do is get to a cmd box, change to the directory that contains loader and type loader /nojvm. I'm not on my computer now or I would give you the path.
    Mach1av3ll1 likes this.
    04-26-12 07:10 AM
    If you know how to run loader all you have to do is get to a cmd box, change to the directory that contains loader and type loader /nojvm. I'm not on my computer now or I would give you the path.
    Downloading 7.0.0.503 and going to try that + the .503 update and will let you know how it went. If it doesn't work am I screwed?
    04-26-12 07:16 AM
    Updated result in edit 4, no luck.
    04-26-12 07:28 AM
    Not sure if you're screwed yet or not. Sometimes it's difficult to get the timing right. Is this a desktop or laptop? Most laptops default to energy saving on the usb ports. If a lappy turn this off in the power settings.
    Mach1av3ll1 likes this.
    04-26-12 07:36 AM
    It said something cagey about USB port selective suspension and whether I wanted it to be enabled or not. I disabled both, am installing .503 and will try again.
    04-26-12 07:42 AM
    Same problem with the endless reboot sequence on the changed usb power settings and with the .503 update. Is there some way to outright clear the entire memory of the phone? To me it seems to be a software problem as my phone is being recognized by the computer and the Pin is detectable by the apploader, but perhaps there's something not being changed during OS updates that is causing the endless reboot of death. A hard clean might sort it out?

EDIT: Havn't tried JL_cmder yet, perhaps give that a go?
    04-26-12 07:50 AM
    I haven't used jl but it should be able to wipe your phone. I've used bbsak for wiping but yes it can't hurt to try.
    04-26-12 07:58 AM
    JL didn't work because I dont think it could detect my phone with the constant rebooting. I will try bbsak now.
    04-26-12 08:02 AM
    For win7 and my experience, not sure about vista, for bbsak to work I have to first open task manager and kill everything rim/blackberry before bbsak will work.
    04-26-12 08:08 AM
    Welllllp. Everything RIM/BB related was shut off and BBSak didn't detect, I imagine because of the incessant booting attempts. I then tried to lock it down by running the apploader up until the actually installation phase because that seems to control the reboot cycle but that just made both of them freak out. I'm really at a loss. Is there any other way to wipe my BB's memory?
    04-26-12 08:13 AM
    How about with the battery out? Or with it out and putting it in after plugging into the computer? Just guessing and thinking here.
    04-26-12 08:33 AM
    Okay, even with the battery out BBSak didnt detect it. Right now its sitting with just a no battery screen on it but the reboot process is controlled. My BBMaster Control Program can detect it just fine when the battery is removed but seems to think it has no memory on it and is unable to load things onto the berry. When the batter is in the pin is set to zero and it goes through the reboot process.
    Last edited by Mach1av3ll1; 04-26-12 at 08:48 AM.
    04-26-12 08:46 AM
    Sorry I'm running out of ideas. Hope you can get it working. Someone else may chime to not with something to try.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 04-26-12 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Auto
    04-26-12 08:48 AM
    The tricky part about getting it to connect to the PC is all about timing. If you find the "how to fix a nuked device" the second step can be difficult. Pull the battery out, unplug device from PC. Then put the battery in and as soon as you see the red light, plug the device into computer quickly.

Also, make absolutely sure that the vendor files are deleted. Do no use a program to delete these. Do a simple search for them but make sure show hidden files is turned on.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    04-26-12 08:59 AM
    If I didn't do this correctly would I still be able to go through the whole process up until the reboot part of the OS install?
    04-26-12 09:02 AM
    I did as requested but the problem remains. I was hoping to perhaps find some magic fix here today but I'm giving up hope. I will maybe download one more OS and give install that a final go but I'm far from hopeful. Will update if that works. If anyone else had this problem and DID find a fix, or even anyone who has more ideas, I'd love to hear from them.
    Last edited by Mach1av3ll1; 04-26-12 at 09:17 AM.
    04-26-12 09:15 AM
    You may want to try it on a different PC. It sounds like there is something going on with the USB ports or the OS on the PC.

Just for reference, don't use front USB ports, or USB hubs, the rear ports are best.

I sometimes get a problem with the phone reconnecting after the OS install and the reboot, but I am using VMware Fusion on a Mac and just force the virtual machine to reconnect to the phone.

Does your phone ever make a reboot after the OS install? The first reboot can take a few minutes, but you should see it reboot and a slowly moving progress bar on the phone, that may stop occasionally. If it makes it this far and does reboot to the OS welcome screen on the phone but does not connect back to the PC, try unplugging it and plugging it back in. The loader program should then continue.
    04-26-12 09:28 AM
    I wish this were the case, but its stuck in an endless reboot loop. Nothing ever comes on the screen. The only thing that happens is the right led goes on and then at some point it goes back off and my computer is all "BB Disconnected, because its off!" and then it comes back on and the computer tells me its back. The USB ports and the OS are quite okay. I've tried it on another computer with the same effect. Regardless, the update always fail in the initialization process.

The one time I do get something on the screen is when I connect it without a battery 'cause then the OS doesn't try to load as its like "no power bro." So it just shows a battery with an x through it.

I dont understand why RIM hasnt included a hard wipe option in its software to let you just clean out everything.
    Last edited by Mach1av3ll1; 04-26-12 at 09:41 AM.
    04-26-12 09:32 AM

I dont understand why RIM hasnt included a hard wipe option in its software to let you just clean out everything.
    You can use the loader.exe with a command line to wipe the phone.

Have you tried using loader from the command line?

loader.exe /resettofactory
    04-26-12 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD